Join a leading fintech company thatâs democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
Weâre seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
<h2><strong>About the team + role</strong></h2>
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Lake Mary, FL, or Westlake, TX with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management. Remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered.
As a Financial Crimes, Quality Assurance (QA) Senior Associate, youâll perform QA case reviews, including Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and supporting documentation, prepared by our AML investigators. Youâll review a diverse range of red flags and unusual activity across our business, and may also conduct QA reviews of vendor resources.
What youâll do
- Perform QA reviews of cases in progress or completed by AML Investigators with outstanding data analysis skills and a keen attention to detail, organization, and operational improvements, including gap identification and root-cause analysis capabilities
- Perform detailed reviews of investigations documentation including: draft SARs, supporting documentation, and underlying transactional data, as required
- Review diverse potentially suspicious activity across Robinhood entities including the broker-dealers (Robinhood Financial/Robinhood Securities) and Money Services Businesses (i.e. Robinhood Crypto and Robinhood Money)
- Provide detailed feedback to AML Investigators to improve casework and see feedback through completion
- Contribute to the improvement of the QA Program by enhancing policies, procedures, and job aids
What you bring
- Bachelorâs Degree in relevant field
- 3+ years in AML investigations, including drafting SARs, especially at a broker-dealer, cryptocurrency institution, other financial institution, or related financial services consulting experience
- 1+ years of AML QA and/or QC experience
- Knowledge of AML regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS), especially relating to virtual currencies
- Familiarity with regulations relevant to broker-dealers including: Bank Secrecy Act, PATRIOT ACT, KYC requirements, as well as an understanding of applicable broker-dealer regulations (Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Regulation T, etc.) and products
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual life>
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhoodâs equity plan.
US Zone 1: $94000 - $110000
US Zone 2: $82000 - $97000
US Zone 3: $73000 - $86000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Weâre looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If youâre ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionâweâd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhoodâs Benefits.