Join a leading fintech company thatâs democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
Weâre seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
<h2><strong>About the team:</strong></h2>
The Crypto Transfers team aims to make Robinhood the preferred way for customers to store and access their crypto - enabling them to experience what the larger crypto ecosystem has to offer. We believe that we can accomplish this by building a safe, seamless and low cost way to transfer crypto in and out of Robinhood.
Weâre excited to invite talented and motivated Android Engineers to join our award-winning team to help expand Robinhoodâs mobile experience for our customers.
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA, or Seattle, WA, or New York, New York with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
What youâll do day-to-day:
- Work with a fast-growing team to revolutionize finance at speed and scale
- Build smooth, stable, and elegant products with Kotlin and the newest Android APIs
- Prioritize for high code quality by writing well guarded, robust, tested code
- Own features from inception to design, implementation, and launch
- Work cross-functionally with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and Data Engineers
- Collaborate with other Android Engineers to enhance the code that helps everybody
- At least 5 years of professional Android development experience
- Proficiency with Java or Kotlin
- Motivation to improve Robinhoodâs app and codebase to ensure the highest quality for our customers
- Strong product sense and ability to collaborate with Product Managers and Designers
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- Excellent communication skills and passion for solving technical challenges
- Bachelorâs degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred; equivalent training or work experience also acceptable
- Understanding of working in a highly modular large code environment
- Bonus points for being passionate about the crypto space with prior experience that can help improve the product
Technologies we use:
- Jetpack Compose
- Retrofit / OkHttp
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Weâre looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If youâre ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionâweâd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhoodâs Benefits.