As a (Senior) Legal Counsel at Finoa, you will give advice to the business and tech teams as well as the founders of Finoa. You will be the first point of contact in labor law, commercial law, and privacy data matters ensuring our actions consent with the legal requirements in these areas and our business decisions are sustainable over the long term. As an internationally scaling company, our processes and policies will be the key to our structural sustainability. You will advise our responsible teams constantly in designing, drafting, and implementing those regulatory papers and policies.
- Provide excellent, pragmatic, and business-oriented legal advice to business and tech teams on different legal matters and counsel the decision-makers.
- Draft, improve, and negotiate various agreements, contracts, and policies in the area of labor law, commercial law, and data privacy.
- Create and implement group-wide policies to ensure compliance with applicable regulations at local and international levels.
- Apply and process communication guidelines between business teams and guide the business teams in decision making and mitigating legal risks.
- Develop best-in-class employment law practices, procedures, and policies.
- Help develop strategic initiatives and processes that will advance and scale Finoa’s business while continuing to mitigate risk.
- Successfully completed both German state exams in law (1. and 2. Staatsexamen).
- At least 3 years of working experience in a law firm or international company.
- Strong knowledge of commercial, contract, and labor law matters.
- Knowledge of banking, IT, and data-protection law is a plus.
- Ability to solve legal issues across different fields of law and to develop solutions by considering legal and economic risks.
- Independent, structured, and proactive working skills combined with a team player mentality.
- First experience or interest in DLT and Crypto.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and German.
Why you should apply
Diverse and inclusive team: We are from 20+ different countries with a diversity of both thought and background on a mission to disrupt the digital asset industry. We support each other and take pride in our achievements. We attract talents from companies like Google, N26, SumUp, Goldman Sachs, Moonfare, and McKinsey.
Ownership & learning-curve: Opportunity to shape the future financial system, promoting a more equal and innovative society. We encourage shared responsibility through distributed leadership while sharing success and learning from mistakes.
Communication: We treat our staff like owners by being open, transparent, and providing regular communication about our direction and progress. We provide regular insights into decision-making, strategy, and company-wide OKR progress so that each of our employees is aligned and empowered. We are also always aiming to improve how we can communicate more effectively.
Office: We offer both the flexibility to work remotely or to work in our newly built office in the heart of Berlin.
Finoa is an equal opportunity employer devoted to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM