Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
We are theVac Distributed Systems Testing R&D service unit.
We specialize in developing software tools and methodologies to test and analyze the behaviour of distributed systems within the Logos collective
Through the utilization of tools like wakurtosis, we empower projects to evaluate the scaling behavior of their nodes within larger networks and conduct thorough regression testing.
We are seeking an experienced and highly competent Senior Test Analyst to join our Vac Distributed Systems Testing (DST) unit.In this role, you will play a pivotal part in ensuring the reliability, quality, and scalability of Logos projects.
Your responsibilities encompass developing comprehensive test plans, designing detailed test cases, executing tests, managing defects, and driving the regression testing effort.
- Test Planning: Develop comprehensive test plans in collaboration with Logos projects, defining objectives, scope, strategies
- Test Design: Create detailed test cases and scenarios that cover all required functionality
- Test Execution: Execute test cases, record results, and document any defects or issues discovered during testing in collaboration with a test engineer
- Defect Management: Report and track defects, collaborate with development teams to resolve issues
- Regression Testing: Collaborate with test engineers to automate tests and include them in the regression testing process, leveraging our P2P network testing framework.
You ideally will have:
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze systems, identify issues, and develop effective test strategies
- Deep knowledge of designing structured test cases, executing them, and ensuring comprehensive test coverage
- Understanding of software development and programming languages
- Good verbal and written communication for effective collaboration, reporting, and documentation
- Meticulous approach to identify subtle issues, inconsistencies, and potential defects
- The ability to handle multiple projects, communicate pro-actively, prioritize and execute
- A passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology and decentralization
- Alignment with our core values and principles: https://our.status.im/our-principles/
- Experience with Distributed Systems
- Knowledge in P2P networks
- Experience in blockchain technology
- Experience working for an open-source organization