Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
<h3 data-startline="9" data-endline="12">The team:</h3>
We are theVac Distributed Systems Testing R&D service unit.
We specialize in developing software tools and methodologies to test and analyze the behaviour of distributed systems within the Logos collective
Our primary objective is to ensure the scalability and reliability of Logos projects by providing comprehensive testing solutions.
Through the utilization of tools like wakurtosis, we empower projects to evaluate the scaling behaviour of their nodes within larger networks and plan conduct through regression testing.
We are seeking a skilled and passionate Software Engineer to join our Vac Distributed Systems Testing (DST) team.You will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability, performance, and scalability of distributed systems within Vac and the Logos collective.
Your responsibilities will include developing and executing comprehensive test plans, as well as contributing to the identification and resolution of complex issues.
Leveraging your expertise in Python programming and systems knowledge, you will design and implement network simulation tools and solutions to validate the functionality and performance of distributed systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain integration tests in collaboration with a Test Analyst
- Execute and automate test plans, test cases, and test scripts to validate the functionality, performance, and scalability of distributed systems
- Identify, reproduce, and debug complex issues in distributed systems, working closely with Logos development teams
- Design, implement, and document Python-based solutions for distributed systems
- Collaborate with the Vac DST team on concurrent/distributed system programming and design
- Work with Docker, Kubernetes, and POSIX-like systems
- Optimize solutions for performance and scalability
You ideally will have:
- Solid experience with Python programming and a systems language like Rust, C++, Nim, Go.
- Strong foundation in networks and systems programming
- Good algorithm design skills
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and POSIX-like system
- Alignment with our core values and principles: https://our.status.im/our-principles/
- Experience with off-the-shelf networking stacks such as libp2p
- Experience in performance modeling and measurement
- Experience working with the Python scientific stack: Pandas, NumPy, Jupyter, etc.
- Experience in blockchain technology
- Experience working for an open-source organization
[Donât worry if you donât meet all of these criteria, weâd still love to hear from you anyway if you think youâd be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter]
- Interview with our POps team
- Interview with team member from the Vac DST team
- Pair programming task with Vac team member
- Interview with Vac Team Lead
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline].
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.