Only applications through this link will be considered
Curve Labs is a team of innovators architecting and developing solutions for the distributed economy. We try to tackle systemic challenges of the Anthropocene by creating, combining, and integrating modular open-source technologies.
The Lab, which launched early 2020, is a registered German limited liability company (GmbH) headquartered in Berlin. Our work currently covers three domains:
- We are a design and development agency that integrates Web3 primitives to digital-native blockchain organizations, a.k.a. “DAOs.” Our clients include an activist coop, a decentralized finance provider, and a complementary currency provider.
- We are social activists that create and advocate for self-sovereign Web3 solutions applied to finance and organizational design. We design and build holistic systems that aim to address both socioeconomic and ecological issues.
- We are hands-on technologists who create infrastructural Web3 building blocks, such as version control, governance, and fundraising systems. We understand that these primitives are crucial for mass adoption of blockchain systems.
Altogether, Curve Labs is an exciting and diverse collaborative network of passionate domain experts navigating the razor edge of innovation. Join us.
What we’re looking for
- 2-3 years of experience in end-to-end design, from research to developer handoff, with examples of shipped products.
- Ideally someone who is based in Berlin. Alternatively, someone in the CET timezone.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of UX and showcases your research and ideation skills.
- A portfolio that includes at least one example of a design system.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your UI skills, including strong visual design principles (hierarchy, typography, color, contrast, balance, negative space).
- Proficiency in Figma (design and prototyping), Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Web3 knowledge is appreciated but not required.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers to define requirements, conduct user research, define problems, map user flows, create wireframes, create design systems, design interfaces, and create prototypes.
- Work with researchers, system architects, and smart contract developers to understand how smart contract work.
- Translate complex ideas into visually elegant, user-friendly designs.
- Proactively solicit feedback from fellow creatives and cross-disciplinary partners.
This job is a great fit if...
- You can work autonomously. You love proposing ideas and bouncing them off of people, and you’re comfortable working in a loosely structured team.
- You want to work with people that care. Working at the labs is a vibe. We’re not just looking for someone to fill a role; we’re looking for someone who wants to vibe with us.
- You know what makes a good research question. “Do you prefer to use the previous version of the website or this newer and improved version?” If you know what’s wrong with this question, it’s a good sign.
- You’re familiar with design thinking. You know the difference between user scenarios, use cases, user flows, and user journeys, and you know how they fit together.
- You love making design systems. Reusable components are your jam, and auto-layout is second nature to you.
- You care about details. 1-pixel vs. 2-pixel spacings matter to you.
- You care about developer handoff. You love going the extra mile to make sure that files handed off to developers are deliberate, consistent, and well documented.
- You are organized. Layer names like “Frame 132” and “Rectangle 42” bug you, and you love keeping your files tidy in a way that makes sense for designers and developers.
- You love experimenting. Web3 is an emerging field, and design patterns haven’t converged into best practices yet. Best practices are great, but the willingness to experiment goes a long way. Embrace your hacker spirit.
- You love learning. We’re building new markets and economies with fundamentally different technology. The best designers are good storytellers, and curiosity about economics, blockchain, and regenerative finance will help you craft better narratives.
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary.
- A unique and creative office space in Berlin for creating and hacking.
- A leadership team that embraces creativity and gives you space to explore and grow.
- Coaching in blockchain, web3, economics, regenerative finance, and UX.
- A welcoming and inclusive culture where team members can collaborate, unite around a common goal, and take pride in doing the best work of their careers.
Curve Labs focuses on Governance, Cooperative, Economics, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.curvelabs.eu/
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMjIuMjUxLjkxM
Web3 Designer Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 Designer is $80k per year, with a minimum base salary of $40k and a maximum of $200k.
Check more information about Web3 Designer Salary.
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|New York, United States||