Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrowâs Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What Youâll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
<strong>About The Role:</strong></p>
Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy.
Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
Weâre looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to drive and execute on the product vision and technology roadmap, responsible for leading the engineering team at Pagoda, building the Blockchain Operating System, NEAR. Including protocol, infra and end user products. You will work directly under the CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Oversee architecting of Protocol, Data Platform and products of NEAR platform
- Oversee Security of the organization, product and NEAR ecosystem broadly
- Set and manage software development processes, from setting team cadences to reporting, to ensuring high quality and velocity.
- Managing the engineering organization, providing guidance for directors and managers on hiring, building a team and people management.
- Working closely with the Product team to foresee their needs on Protocol / Infra side and manage teams capacity on the Platform.
- Ensure that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs
- Act as a mentor to team members
- Manage technology budgets and time frames
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
What We're Looking For:
- Worked at a tech company that has scaled from 100 to 300+ in a C/VP level position.
- Worked at a tech startup with exposure of scaling usage of a platform.
- At least 10+ years experience in leadership of engineering teams.
- Experience hiring and building world-class distributed/remote engineering teams.
- Experience building and launching products from ideation to iteration.
- Strong academic background in computer science or related fields.
- Experience managing senior leaders and balancing competing organizational needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Experience building within web3 / with blockchain technologies.
- Have previously operated as a founder at a tech startup.
- Experience in building open source products.
Hereâs What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Meet & Greet CEO (60 min)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and weâll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role:
This is a fully remote role. However, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you must be located in the United States.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliverâso our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rareâand valuableâin this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.