Information Security Manager
What You'll Do
- SecOps function at Mythical which is responsible for building/maintaining Security controls within DevOps processes, building and enhancing security review of infrastructure and applications, and supporting vulnerability management processes.
- This role will review and assess the security of applications, containers, and infrastructure as code repositories working together with development and infrastructure teams create solutions that are scalable for an enterprise environment.
- The SecOps leader will be working on longer-term engagements with DevOps, Site Reliability Engineers, Trust and Safety and Application teams for developing automated workflows to provide SecOps as a Service to all partnering teams.
- Attract and retain a high-performing team with the highest tier of technical talent.
- Coach and mentor engineers to grow their career.
- You will build and own solutions to quickly identify breach attempts, contain and eradicate threats, streamline our security incident response processes with the business, continuously test our controls, and help the business make informed decisions based on threat intelligence
- Develop capabilities and team to help secure Web Application Firewall, Bots protection, Applications, API, Data, Containers, VMs and Network
- Drive the execution of security and secure coding practices across the engineering teams, collaborating with SREs and engineers across development teams while also performing hands-on work on the most critical challenges.
- Improve the company’s ability to identify, detect, and response to threats by leading new technology selection, configuration, internal product development, obtaining-buy-in, and implementations with a heavy emphasis on automation
- Build continuous security testing capabilities that feeds into PDL’s vulnerability management program
- Participate in company-wide hiring activities such as recruiting, interviewing, and closing top candidates.
- Prior experience as a tech lead or manager of an infrastructure security or application security team.
- 5+ years’ experience in a security role being hands-on
- You have technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and SOA
- Deeply technical and able to deep dive into technical issues as needed.
- Experience in risk management findings, vulnerability prioritization, threat modeling, and mitigation strategy
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills with the ability to lead through influence.
- Proven ability to work across different functions and being able to adjust communication according to the intended audience.
- Passionate about building a world class engineering culture and passionate about contributing to the larger team outside their own.
- Ability to pragmatically guide external collaborators, leadership, and team through crisis
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization that is geographically separated
The expected base salary range for this role is based on the location where the employee’s work will be performed and is aligned to one of our three compensation pay range tiers. Base pay is just one part of Mythical’s total compensation package, which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their efforts and contributions. This role is also eligible to participate in Mythical’s Corporate Bonus and Equity Plan.
Pay Ranges by Tier
Tier 1: $146,000 - $201,000
Tier 2: $132,000 - $182,000
Tier 3: $117,000 - $161,000
Locations by Tier:
Tier 1 Locations: San Francisco Bay Area - California
Tier 2 Locations: Remainder of California (outside of the SF Bay Area), Washington state, Massachusetts state, New York state
Tier 3 Locations: All other states outside of California, Washington, Massachusetts, and New York.
The base salary for each successful applicant will be dependent on a variety of factors, including work location, education, qualifications, competencies, relevant work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
Compensation: $146k - $201k
Location: MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|Montreal, Canada|| ||Apply|
|Paris, France|| ||Apply|
|Paris, France|| ||Apply|
|Hong Kong, Hong Kong|| ||Apply|
|London, United Kingdom|| ||Apply|
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|| ||Apply|
|New York, United States|| ||Apply|