Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department:Information Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust. The Gemini security team forms the backbone of trust. In fact, Geminiâs very first hires were security specialists and we continue to tackle unique challenges in the crypto space. Our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Lead Technical Program Manager
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Gemini, you will align priorities, gather requirements, manage releases, improve processes, and streamline communication across regions and functions. You will support two of the four InfoSec teams: Application Security, Platform Security, Threat Detection and Response, and Governance, Risk, & Compliance.
You will work closely with all InfoSec teams to understand technical needs and constraints while setting realistic schedules. You will be a trusted advisor providing visibility into security, progress, risks, and roadblocks. Your focus will be driving on-time, high-quality delivery of security risk reduction through cross-functional collaboration and program management excellence.
- Develop comprehensive program and project plans, including timelines, milestones, and resource allocation for complex technical security projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to drive successful program outcomes, and identify potential risks and issues and work proactively to mitigate them.
- Use technical knowledge to make informed decisions and guide the team in solving complex technical challenges.
- Allocate and manage resources effectively to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget, and monitor progress and adjust resource allocation as necessary.
- Foster open and clear communication within the project team and with external stakeholders, create timely status reports, and identify opportunities for process improvement and operational efficiency.
- 10+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager shipping complex engineering projects and operations.
- Strong grasp of agile software development processes, CI/CD, and DevOps culture.
- Ability to decompose complex systems into realistic milestones and schedules.
- Comfortable collaborating closely with engineering teams.
- Experience coordination across remote teams and regions.
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or similar.
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency exchanges or the fintech security landscape.
- Experience with information security. Familiarity with security engineering tools, systems, and concepts.
- Experience scaling fast-paced, global engineering teams and programs.
- Expertise in data analytics, data engineering, or business intelligence.
- Experience building and operating complex workflows, integrations, and automations using Jira.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $152,000 - $213,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.