- Building the product: You'll be working closely with the Product and Infrastructure teams to plan, architect, and implement our core product. You'll take part in the construction of the roadmap, with the rest of the team. As an early engineer, you’ll have a prominent voice in all engineering decisions. We’ll iterate as a team on the product experience, with current users to get it just right, while also ensuring we’re maintaining a clean codebase so we can move fast.
- Tackling A+ technical problems: We expect you to focus on the most important technical questions and solve them, with a focus on incremental and daily contributions to all parts of our product code base. You will work with our Product and Design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch.
- Owning what you build: As you architect, test, and refine the Kiln platform, you will ensure that our services communicate with each other seamlessly, have minimal downtime, and recover quickly. You will collaborate with the rest of the engineering team on coming up with best practices for writing, maintaining and running reliable services to impact the productivity and happiness of our entire team
- Building our culture: Work we do today and the way we do it can make our future work better and faster. Since our product is tackling a complex problem, we’ll need to build a foundation that is flexible and allows us to adapt to a wide variety of blockchain protocols and product needs. By investing in our own productivity, we can get more done with less – we can work smarter.
- Growing the Team: Everyone on the early team plays an important role in attracting, closing, and growing other talented team members. The biggest factor in our ability to build amazing products is the team, so we look to you to help set the example for the kind of team we all want to build together.
Sounds like you?
- Comfortable working with the whole team, including the infrastructure and business team, to identify customer pain points and build solutions to solve them while meeting the desired level of performance through incremental and regular improvements and performance issues analysis (and resolution!)
- Strong judgment with the ability to ship opinionated architectural choices and code, and to show the way on software best practices including but not limited to versioning, technical specifications and discussion, and code reviews. Exposure to architectural patterns of high-traffic environments is appreciated, as is an appetence for distributed-systems and related problematics
- Outstanding communication skills to facilitate working with fellow SREs to design scalable architectures for the features you want to build
- Experience designing, building, and deploying user-facing, infrastructure related, and/or API-based products is required
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and with Continuous Integration is a plus
- Familiarity with Hashicorp Vault is a plus
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RMy4yMzUuMTczLjc0M