Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol; the p2p communication layer for Web3.
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 200+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
<div class="careers-block__trix external-panel text-left">
- Own the development and execution of treasury strategy for the organisation, covering both the fiat and crypto assets held in the treasury;
- Own the day-to-day management of both the cash and crypto asset components of the treasury, ensuring their security and liquidity;
- Implement and maintain the necessary operational processes and measures needed to ensure the security of crypto assets held in our treasury;
- Develop a risk management framework to identify, measure, and mitigate financial risks in the treasury, fostering a culture of risk awareness across the treasury and Finance team;
- Where appropriate, lead the selection and implementation of tools and systems required to strengthen the treasury management function of the organisation;
- Own the relationships with all banks, exchanges, market makers engaged by the organisation, maintain existing relationships (including managing information requests) and lead the efforts to onboard new providers;
- Work with the Finance team to forecast cash flows and maintain the liquidity necessary for timely payments and operations;
- Be hands-on with the execution of payment cycles, in both fiat and crypto, and working with the accounts payable function of Finance to make timely, accurate payments to suppliers.
You ideally will have:
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles;
- Demonstrable experience securely managing a large crypto treasury, including evidence of how operational risks were identified and mitigated or hedged;
- Ability to design and implement treasury operations processes that are in line with industry best practices, including the management and execution of payment runs;
- Experience managing and maintaining banking relationships in an industry considered âhigh riskâ by the banking sector;
- Experience developing and maintaining cash flow, risk and other treasury models to support a complex, multi-entity operational model;
- Bias towards automation and leveraging technology when designing and implementing processes.
Bonus points if:
- Experience working for an open-source organisation;
- Working knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Python) and developer tools and workflows (e.g. Markdown, Git).
[Donât worry if you donât meet all of these criteria, weâd still love to hear from you anyway if you think youâd be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
- Introduction call with the Talent team
- Interview with Head of Finance
- Paid project (2-3 hours of work)
- Interview with Program Lead
- Interview co-founder
Note: A background check might by required for this role.