Who we are
Game7 is an Autonomous GameFi Institution whose treasury is managed and deployed by the community. Our mission is to make web3 gaming sustainable by accelerating the industry towards collaboration, unified standards, open source innovation and having fun.
To achieve this, both BitDAO and Forte have committed $500m to our treasury. Our community then helps decide how to deploy strategic capital towards both Investments and Grants that help drive the ecosystem forward.
As a community, we are passionate about crypto, gaming and are comprised of industry leaders and blockchain experts, who believe there are better ways to build distributed organizations. Our community consists of diverse, talented and intelligent members who’s contributions to the ecosystem help define their governance capabilities.
We’re looking for the next generation of leaders and doers who have a passion for crypto and are looking to influence the future of DAOs, DeFi, Web3 and GameFi. If you’re a self-starter, believe in autonomy and ownership, then we encourage you to apply for this role.
About This Team
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team. As a Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure that powers our platform. You will work closely with our development team to ensure that our platform is scalable, reliable, and efficient. You will also be responsible for monitoring our infrastructure and ensuring that it is performing at optimal levels.
What you’ll help us build
- Design and implement serverless execution environments and applications that are scalable, reliable, and efficient.
- Ensure that our platform and applications are built to best practices and areoptimized for performance.
- Monitor the health of our infrastructure, identify issues, and take corrective action to ensure high availability
- Automate tasks using scripting and automation tools to minimize manual work.
- Participate in the planning and execution of disaster recovery and business continuity tests.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that all aspects of the platform work seamlessly together.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Node.js, Go, Typescript and/or Java.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and/or Ansible.
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools such as CloudWatch, ELK, and/or Datadog.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for technology and eagerness to learn new tools and technologies.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in building and operating serverless applications at scale.
- Experience with event-driven architectures and messaging systems such as AWS EventBridge and/or Kafka.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as Amazon DynamoDB, FaunaDB and/or MongoDB.
- Experience with infrastructure testing and security best practices.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching other team members.
- Active participation in technology communities and events.
- Good understanding of blockchain technology and its underlying principles.
- Familiarity with DeFi protocols and applications.
- Knowledge of Solidity and smart contract development on Ethereum and other EVM-compatible blockchains
- Experience with Web3.js, Truffle, and other relevant blockchain tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with various EVM-compatible blockchains, their differences, and their respective strengths and weaknesses
- Experience with developing games or other interactive applications on blockchain
- Contributions to open-source blockchain projects
Why work with us?
We do things a little differently here at Game7, as you’d expect from the blockchain. We promise a culture of flexibility, autonomy, and the freedom to contribute to the wider Web3 ecosystem.
Also: a fully remote working environment. Our compensation packages are reflective of the experience and value you bring to the organization and individual projects.
- Base pay USDC, paid monthly
- Work Supplies, HW & Home Office Equipment
- Co-working space or home office-related expenses
- Any learning or education materials related to work
- Travel related expenses that are related to work
- Any expenses related to food and entertainment for work
- Any expenses related to both physical or mental health and well-being
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM