Salary: $100,000 - $175,000 a year
Eligible for $10k x $10k plan
Are you passionate about the future of Cryptocurrency, DeFi and blockchains? Do you have experience working with the Ethereum blockchain, Tezos, or others? Have you written smart contracts using Solidity or Vyper?
Vertalo is looking for a Blockchain and Smart Contract Engineer to join our growing product team! You will work with our fantastic product team to build, maintain and test our blockchain and smart contract technologies including our own utility V-token.
Our product is Vertalo, a blockchain-enabled cap table critical to the future of digital investment. Think of a traditional cap table reimagined for the emerging tokenized asset sector (meaning soon, all private assets). Our focus on digital assets and secondary liquidity sets us apart from larger incumbents. All this equates to a huge market and huge growth potential for our team. There are extensive near-term opportunities and longer-term exit scenarios for our company.
Employee > Client > Investor
Pro-activity > Responsiveness
Alignment > Independence
Accountability > Authority
Humility > Confidence
Vertalo is an EMPLOYEE first company, meaning we place our employees above everyone else. We believe that the success of this organization starts and ends with our people. At Vertalo, we want our people to exude the characteristics we deem valuable. We expect our people to be proactive, responsive, and be able to align easily with the other team members. The independence, dedication, and accountability of every employee is the atomic unit and life-blood of this company. An ideal employee at Vertalo displays a healthy balance of confidence and humility.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for emerging technologies in general and blockchains specifically
- Experience with Smart Contract Development
- Proficiency with Solidity or Vyper
- Experience deploying and maintaining nodes on a public blockchain
- Comfortable working with FreeBSD and other Linux/Unix type environments
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD and Git Operations proficiency
- A curious mindset with patience and a systematic approach
- Tezos smart contracts experience
- FreeBSD systems administration experience
- Ambitious - you are looking specifically for a startup opportunity and the chance to hit it big
- Self-starting - you’re OK with some ambiguity and pushing until you figure things out
- Great at quickly making it work - we iterate fast and you need to be able to keep up
- Hungry - you’re a missionary, not a mercenary
- PostGraphile for GraphQL
- Craft CMS
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan
- Relocation assistance
- Paid time off
- Free lunch provided every day
- Flexible laptop/monitor/desk configuration
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Fried-chicken Fridays!
We are in the office!
Anyone joining now can have a powerful impact on the future of the company. We work in-person in our offices in Austin, and can help with relocation if necessary. Dozens of important spontaneous conversations take place daily in our office. We thrive on face-to-face collaboration. This is not a remote position.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM