Base is planning to bring a million developers and a billion users onchain. We need your help to make that happen.
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldnât do this without hiring the best people. Weâre a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether theyâre trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? Thatâs us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. Weâre a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we go to battle against some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect tens of billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience.
About the Team:
At Coinbase, we believe that securely building onchain products is our differentiator. And Blockchain Security is essential to continuing to instill our customerâs trust in Coinbase and the Crypto Economy.
Blockchain Security is an evolving concept and we are designing new best practices to securely develop onchain products. Our work is varied and spans both onchain and offchain systems â from secure storage of and access to key management infrastructure offchain to providing safe infrastructure for developers and users to interact with dapps, tokens, and other onchain infrastructure.
What youâll be doing:
- Program Development. Weâre looking to you to expand and formalize our Blockchain Security program to evolve towards continuous and ongoing risk assessment for our onchain products. Our goal is to detect and prevent security breaches through high quality assessments and successful remediation of security vulnerabilities.
- Team Management. Any team is only as strong as the individuals itâs composed of. Your primary concern will be the growth, development and health of the team. Youâll nurture the team, mentor them and unblock them. Youâll help your teammates find work they enjoy, and find ways to get through the work they donât, while setting clear targets,objectives, and KPIs for the team.
- Operations. Finally, weâre looking for someone who will be accountable to the operations of the team. Youâll work with overall Security leadership to develop goals and metrics for our Blockchain Security program, then hold yourself accountable to them. Your quality bar defines the quality of the team, and weâre expecting yours to be high. Youâll spend a significant amount of time communicating to your team, to your peers, and security leaders across the company.
What we're looking for in you:
- You have extensive knowledge of onchain ecosystems, including the inner workings of L1 and L2 networks, tokens, DeFis protocols, and DAOs
- At least 2 years experience in Blockchain Security with expertise in the latest onchain industry leading products
- At least 5 years experience and solid foundation in information security with at least 3 years of experience in managing technical team
- You have a demonstrable expertise in the security of at least one major blockchain protocol, preferably Ethereum
- You have an energy and self-drive for continuous learning as Crypto is a constantly and rapidly changing space
- From time to time, you may take on an engineering review project for yourself to keep your skills relevant
- You are passionate about mentoring and growing blockchain security engineers and helping them achieve their goals. Also, you have willingness to learn from your team
- You excel in clear, direct, and kind communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have ability to develop relationships with security, product, and engineering teams
- You balance long term strategic thinking with short term tactical planning
Nice to haves:
- You have experience in building onchain monitoring technology
- You excel in identifying machine-level, transaction-level, and business logic-level vulnerabilities in smart contracts and protocol infrastructure
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $201,450 to $237,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Position ID: G2453
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may viewPay Transparency,Employee RightsandKnow Your Rightsnotices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in theE-Verify programin certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.