Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department:Institutional Sales
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Gemini Institutional we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether itâs identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customerâs needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Head of Institutional Sales (APAC)
This is the perfect role for someone who has spent some time honing their institutional sales and trading skills and is ready to take those skills into a new asset class. This person will be responsible for managing their own independent pipeline of prospective clients while collaborating with the team to cover existing clients. In addition, this person must be a strategic thinker who can help product managers effectively prioritize critical client feedback to influence the development of new product features and innovations.
- Become a subject matter expert for Geminiâs Spot and Derivatives exchange, OTC Spot and Derivatives, Custody, Staking, and other institutional products
- Prospect and generate new business for Gemini globally
- Work with the Head of Sales and leadership to identify and implement key sales go-to-market strategies and originate targets in the market
- Use reputation and expertise in the institutional financial market to establish strong relationships with institutional decision-makers and investors
- Own relationship management processes for existing and acquired institutional clients
- Develop a solution-driven approach to serve our institutional client base which may require creative out of the box thinking and working closely with our offices globally
- 15+ years of relevant experience in institutional sales, with a clear history of meeting and exceeding sales and revenue goals
- Strong prospecting, lead generation and conversion capabilities
- The ability to connect with decision-makers on internal teams and at senior leadership levels
- Excellent verbal/written communication, strong interpersonal and presentation skills to bring credibility to sales and outbound conversations
- Determination to engage with the crypto customer base and ecosystem
- Be a good PR and spokesperson for the firm in the region
- Proficiency in client relationship management processes, best practices and negotiation
- Self-starter with passion for learning about new technology, cryptocurrency products and the ability to roll up sleeves
- Strong network of market makers, crypto asset managers, hedge funds, family offices and intermediaries in Web 3 and Crypto to leverage
- Experience in Web3 and the cryptocurrency market
- Passion for the cryptocurrency industry and OTC/Exchange trading
- Experience in a startup environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents
- At least 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.