Learn Solidity Handbook
This handbook intended to get you started on coding Solidity ASAP. It follows the Pareto Principle (aka the 80/20 rule) by focusing on the 20% of the info that will cover 80% of your needs.
Table of Contents
- Who is this handbook for?
- Essential prior knowledge
- What is Solidity?
- What is a smart contract?
- How to declare variables and functions in Solidity?
- Variable scope in Smart Contracts
- How visibility specifiers work
- What are constructors?
- Interfaces and abstract contracts
- Smart contract example #2
- What is contract state?
- State mutability keywords (modifiers)
- Data locations – storage, memory, and stack
- How typing works
- Solidity data types
- How to declare and initialize arrays in Solidity
- What are function modifiers?
- Error handling in Solidity - require, assert, revert
- Inheritance in Solidity
- Inheritance with constructor parameters
- Type conversion and type casting in Solidity
- How to work with floating point numbers in Solidity
- Hashing, ABI encoding and decoding
- How to call contracts and use the fallback function
- How to send and receive Ether
- Solidity libraries
- Events and logs in Solidity
- Time logic in Solidity
- Conclusion and further resources
Want to find a web3 job?
More by freeCodeCamp