Decentral Games is a DAO focused on building NFT-based games. Up until now, crypto innovation has been heavily focused on trading and financial products; DG flips that by creating games that are not only fun and exciting, but also allows its players to own and control its future.
As a remote-first web3 company, we have a working environment that is playful, bold, and fast-focused (we don’t love unnecessary meetings). Together, we’re a team of entrepreneurs, futurists, artists, nerds, and gamers. Our motto is fun, hard working, and casual — you may even encounter a coworker known only as “Duck” or “Spicy Prawn”. That’s the metaverse for you!
Here at DG, you’ll be joining a team of super-talents building products in and out of the metaverse — and we’re only just getting started.
About the Role:
We recently launched our beta version of ICE Poker and it has quickly become the most popular game within our community. In just three months, we have seen our monthly revenue grow 10x, our discord community grow from 8k to 45k, and our ICE Poker venues are now the most popular destinations in the open metaverse.
In order to keep up the momentum, we are in need of a self-motivated and experienced QA Engineer.
Specific tasks for this position will include:
• Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
• Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities.
• Reviewing code specifications and technical design documents to help better plan the test execution and procedures.
• Identify, record, and thoroughly document and track bugs, also perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Triaging with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system and user requirements for the test plan activities.
• Do test runs of their own testing plans and suites as they are being designed, and continue to run them frequently assisting the QA Testing team in their daily activities when required.
• Tracking quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
• Staying up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• At least 5+ years of experience hands on test designing, test planning and execution as a Functional QA but also knowledgeable on the technical aspects of Web and Mobile apps, plus a knowledge of Gaming QA. Has experience on Video game testing, experience on major companies is a plus.
• Expertise in user story creation, scenario devising, test planning, test case development, and defect analysis.
• Skilled in detailing and presenting test environment requirements.
• Excellent requirement analysis skills. Attention to detail and ability to recognize patterns where weaknesses lie in our software and use them to provide intelligent input into the building and expanding of our Test Suites.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and processes.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Has a strong understanding of the fundamentals of Git and modern principles of deploying software across distributed teams. Familiarity on how the Ethereum and Polygon network functions, knowledge of Metaverses like Decentraland. Gaming skills in previous similar platforms, Play to Earn gameplay experience is a bonus.
· Build and grow a culture of engineering and coding excellence.
• Good team player and ability to exchange information and support with coworkers.
• Efficient at executing predefined Test Cases and reporting the results in our bug-tracking system. Experience with the use of Microsoft Azure DevOps.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM