Base is planning to bring a million developers and a billion users onchain. We need your help to make that happen.
We are looking for a Senior Blockchain Engineer to join the Base team, to enable and accelerate the success of Base. Youâll be working with us as a Core Dev on the open-source OP Stack, which will power the next generation of onchain activity through the SuperChain. In addition to direct protocol work, youâll be part of the team building and running the infrastructure, ensuring the systems that sustain the Base chain are best-in-industry.
What youâll be doing:
- Architect and develop distributed systems with high-availability and redundancy
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Building key components of the OP Stack to further the decentralization of Base and other L2s
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Design and implement foundational infrastructure components used by every L2 team using the OP Stack
- Assisting with Base oncall, debugging the issues that can arise with our L2 blockchain in production and testnet
- Write high quality, well tested code that can sustain billions of dollars of TVL
What we look for in you:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Youâve experienced architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- Youâre passionate about bringing the next billion users onchain
Nice to haves:
- You have experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.)
- You have experience building and monitoring highly-available infrastructure
- Youâve worked with Golang, Geth, Hardhat, Solidity
- You have contributed to the SuperChain via either OP Stack contributions or Base contributions
- Youâve built financial, high reliability or security systems
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may viewPay Transparency,Employee RightsandKnow Your Rightsnotices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in theE-Verify programin certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.