Linera gives end users their own blockspace
Web3 is poised to revolutionize the digital economy by empowering users and allowing applications to manage valuable assets directly over the Internet. Linera’s mission is to advance the state-of-the-art of Web3 by building the first blockchain optimized for large-scale decentralized applications that require quick transaction finality.
Linera redefines blockchain scalability by giving each end user their own blockspace. Founded by Mathieu Baudet, a former Meta/Novi engineer and researcher with a PhD in cryptographic protocols, Linera introduces microchains–lightweight chains that operate in parallel within a common set of validators. Linera is the first blockchain infrastructure optimized to provide web3 applications with unprecedented horizontal scaling, bringing the infinite scalability of Web2 to Web3.
Linera has received a total of $12M in seed funding from top investors including a16z crypto, Borderless Capital, Tribe Capital, Laser Digital Ventures, and more. Linera will be expanding the team, launching a devnet and a testnet for the protocol and fostering their presence in the strategic regions while continuing to grow their developer community.
The Linera Community: Global community of lifelong learners
Alongside our world-class infrastructure, our online community has grown organically. We are a global community of lifelong learners looking to build the next generation of web3 applications. Sharing Linera’s values of quality, curiosity, and integrity, we hope to foster relationships that start with building on Linera and go beyond.
You will be creating the online and offline experiences that will be most people’s introductions to the Linera community. Your mandate is to educate developers and the web3 community about Linera and, in turn, listen to their feedback to help us build and grow. In doing so, you will work with the team to maintain a strong brand that communicates the quality of our technology, developer community, and team.
This role combines strategy, execution, and aesthetic sense. You will work closely with the founding team to shape the direction of Linera project’s place in the web3 ecosystem. You are excited by the challenge of taking a layer-1 to market, grounded in a deep technical understanding of our innovative infrastructure.
This role is a blend of Product Marketing (about 50%), Brand Marketing (about 30%), and Event Marketing (about 20%).
- Build foundational programs to introduce microchains to the web3 community. Create multi-channel, online and offline experiences to bring the Linera brand to life and grow our community, while maintaining a consistent experience of the Linera brand.
- Lead product launches. Develop launch plans and manage cross-functional stakeholders to make it happen. Support the marketing needs of online and offline events, including pre- and post-event marketing for Developer Schools, hackathons, and conferences. Create quarterly and annual marketing plans that incorporate our online and offline activities.
- Gain a deep technical understanding of the product and communicate features effectively across channels. Evolve our product positioning based on feedback from developers and the ever-changing industry. Listen to developer and industry insights and surface feedback to the team. Create marketing content and programs to address these areas. Keep our website updated with our latest events and positioning.
- Work closely with the founding team to inform our GTM strategy and ecosystem development. Develop a narrative arc across our product milestones, community growth, and the evolution of the web3 space/broader tech industry; infuse these perspectives into our marketing activities. Provide insights and market research to inform international and vertical-specific expansion.
- Increase brand awareness of Linera among Rust developers and the broader web3 community. Design marketing campaigns and work with external agencies as needed to bring them to life, monitoring metrics and managing spend across different channels. Work with our Head of Community Growth on initiatives to increase developer adoption. Manage relationships with journalists, podcast hosts, and other press.
- Manage our content marketing. Ensure a consistent content calendar that reflects our latest positioning and upcoming events; manage external vendors or contractors as needed. Review content and ensure a consistent brand voice. Listen for what’s resonating with our audience and develop ideas for content.
- Maximize our conference participation. Determine which conferences are of strategic value. Submit speaking applications. Redesign our side events so they are authentic, meaningful, and effective. Manage team’s conference schedule and any related logistics.
- Think outside the box. Lead our efforts to experiment with different formats, from AMAs and Twitter Spaces, to online and offline events, to participating in web3 social platforms.
This role is Remote with most team members in the US and EMEA time zones. This role has room for career growth as the team and Linera project grows.
You will be a great fit for this role if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in the Humanities, Business, Social Sciences, or Engineering.
- You have 2-4+ years of prior experience in Marketing on a top web3 project, preferably developer-facing; L1, L2, or other infrastructure protocol; or DAO.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You have prior experience in Product Marketing (positioning, website, blog posts, email newsletters), strategy (e.g. verticals, geographies, market sizing), and developing Marketing programs.
- You are comfortable with technical concepts, especially in web3 infrastructure.
- You have prior experience listening to customer research calls and distilling feedback.
- You have prior experience in Brand Marketing and/or Event Marketing, e.g. working on a brand campaign, producing a branded conference or side event
- You have prior experience managing agencies, such as for marketing, design, PR and/or internal PR/Communications teams, for graphics, website design, print collateral, swag, host branded events, and more. You’ve written creative briefs to scope work, managed an agency to a budget, and given actionable feedback.
- You have a strong aesthetic sense and an eye for visual design.
- You have prior experience writing in a brand’s voice.
- You have prior experience designing visuals on behalf of a brand.
- You are able to use software tools for content creation, social media, website management, email marketing, instrumentation, and video communication, e.g. Photoshop, Buffer, Squarespace, Zoom, Luma, Crowdcast, Google Analytics. You are able to edit graphics, create landing pages, and set up instrumentation, marketing funnels, and email campaigns as needed.
It would also be great if:
- You are able to speak and write in at least one other language (especially EMEA / APAC)
- You enjoy hosting groups or you’re an educator. Perhaps you’ve had prior experience as an emcee, camp counselor, teacher, facilitator, or similar. Maybe you’ve read The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker or watched her TED Talk.
- Able to travel max 5-7x/year, including internationally
- 2 team offsites a year
- Estimated: 3-5 conferences/year
How you work:
- You can think critically and use data to drive decisions.
- You are creative and adaptable, a problem-solver who manages changes in direction and situations that come up. You are naturally curious, open to feedback, and overall eager to learn and grow.
- You can see the big picture (strategy, industry, product) and zoom into the details (colors, text). You are proactive, thinking 1-2 steps ahead in anticipation of various needs.
- You are skilled at managing cross-functional projects on a remote team. You are able to support multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate across different time zones, and work across cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product, Business stakeholders.
- You are very familiar with the web3 space. You are long-term bullish on web3.
- You believe in the best in others. You can manage yourself and others under pressure. You listen well to others, are firm and fair, and help others feel appreciated and heard.
We invite you to apply:
Don’t meet all the requirements? We still encourage you to apply. We’re willing to work with talented team members who are eager to learn and resonate with the Linera project.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|London, United Kingdom|| ||Apply|