Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department:Gemini Marketplace
Gemini is a regulated, full service, crypto service provider where engineering is the core of the company. Thereâs a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini â from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Geminiâs engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
Gemini Marketplace is specifically focused on providing a capital market crypto service offering to institutional investors. We provide a software based platform that provides custody, access, trading, and settlement of crypto.
The Role:Staff Software Engineer
Our institutional prime platform is the stargate for old world money to the metaverse of modern digital assets. As an infrastructure engineer you will instrument and manage a variety of software systems that motivate, execute, and settle, what is shaping up to be, the largest transfer of wealth from the past to the future. It is hard to find a more exhilarating place to design, code, test, and deliver software products than in the real time trading environment of the front office of financial institutions.
We are looking for a talented senior infrastructure engineer that is focused and fascinated by the real time movement of price and value at wire speed across a global liquidity network of buyers and sellers. You will have the opportunity to hone your wrangling skills on our global multi-tenant platform.
- Design, lead and mentor our technical team in building our global liquidity network at scale across the key financial centers world wide
- Cultivate best practices and collaborate with engineering teams structuring applications
- Implement and deploy scalable secure SaaS platform on Gemini cloud infrastructure
- Design and manage build pipelines for containers and VMs using jenkins, docker, ansible, packer
- Configure, instrument and manage infrastructure logging and monitoring systems
- Build and operate continuous integration and chaos testing for our platform
- Partner with our compliance and security teams to meet system and data management requirements
- Experience building multi-region microservice architecture in a cloud infrastructure
- Experience building scalable infrastructure in AWS (AWS certification a plus)
- Deep understanding of the Linux operating system and networking concepts
- Expertise in leveraging the principles of GitOps
- 5 years experience in architecture, design, development, delivery of distributed applications
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge if general programming in Golang, Python, C++, and/or Java
- Experience working with financial technologies, such as exchanges, trading systems, and/or post-trade settlement processing
- Experience working with Bitcoin or Ethereum blockchain technologies, best if with Ethereum Virtual Machine based blockchains
- Experience with operational tools for infrastructure and software deployment, best if:
- Building: jenkins, argo, concourse, harness, circle ci, gitlab, github workflows, CI/CD
- Packaging: docker, ansible, packer, vagrant
- Provisioning: terraform, kubernetes + helm
- Security: TLS, SSL, Certificates, Zones, Vault, Secrets Manager
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.