Ranked by Forbes as one of the world’s best employers in 2021, IBM promotes growth and innovation to lead as we enter the era of hybrid cloud and AI –helping clients transform their business.
As a Technology Sales Representative, also called Brand Sales Specialist, you will develop trusting client relationships and work with them to shape the future of their technology landscape. Your role of a consultative seller will accelerate enterprises’ success by providing award winning solutions that enable people across organizations and roles to meet their goals.
IBM’s comprehensive onboarding program and industry-leading learning culture will prepare you with a strong foundation for client success. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. You'll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators ready to assist as you apply practices that will compel our clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will develop relationships, understand client needs, earn their trust and demonstrate how products will solve their problems while delivering business value.
A 'Day-in-the Life' of a Technology Sales Representative may include, but not be limited to:
- Managing a dedicated client set and defining, confirming, and communicating the differentiated value of IBM’s technology at both the technical and business level.
- Using solution-selling techniques to identify and engage decision makers and influencers, qualify business opportunities, and respond to clients’ needs to create strategic, long-term partnerships.
- Managing the entire sales process, from prospecting, and ensuring delivery against KPIs, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, while expanding existing accounts.
- Collaborating with the broader IBM sales team, from Marketing to Sales and technical colleagues, to IBM Business Partners, to build sales campaigns and incremental pipeline.
- Continuously growing skills in consultative sales, understanding technical solutions, and applying expertise to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements.
- Confidence to engage new customers and deliver an elevated experience.
- Motivation to achieve sales, business objectives and high client satisfaction.
- Aptitude to utilize selling technologies to network, engage clients, and identify new business opportunities.
- Leadership to ask open-ended questions that assess clients’ technology needs to address business challenges.
You may work with any of the following technologies: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud and Cognitive, Internet of Things, Security, or Systems Hardware.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position $72,000 to $146,000 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- B.S/M.S in M.I.S., Business/Communications with a STEM minor, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Information Systems/ Engineering
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated team collaboration and navigating different communication
- Readiness to travel up to 20% annually
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year experience in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering concepts.
- Programming coursework or experience a plus.
- Prior work experience in client sales or service
- Experience includes all settings, such as coursework, informal or side projects, internships and work experience, leading to a result or achievement.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. IBM's Global Sales organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Technology Sales organization serves clients with expertise in their industry, as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwOC4xNjkM