Hello, Back End Developer.
Want to create a better world with The Blockchain OS?
We’ve taken 30 years of software development and given it a new home: The Blockchain OS. To the makers and mavericks, the dreamers and the pioneers, we say welcome.
*Who we are *
The Blockchain OS is a decentralized layer-2 infrastructure that supports Linux and mainstream software components. For the first time, developers can code scalable smart contracts with rich software tools, libraries, and the services they’re used to, bridging the gap between mainstream software and blockchain.
Cartesi is enabling millions of new startups and their developers to use The Blockchain OS and bring Linux applications on board. With a groundbreaking virtual machine, optimistic rollups, and side-chains, Cartesi paves the way for developers of all kinds, to build the next generation of blockchain apps.
Why we are here
Blockchain technology is all about returning control to the people and creating a more transparent society. It’s about value and trust, replacing old with new, separating the corrupt from the transparent, and dispersing the challenges of centralized systems. It places control back into the hands of the many.
An OS is needed to create this new world. Our digital revolution would not be possible without operating systems. Software that has been developed for decades on platforms like Linux underpins all of the applications and services we use every day.
Now, a new Web of value, also known as Web 3, is being built on the Blockchain. Operating systems are unfortunately lost in the shift from the old web to the new value web. As a result, it's difficult for programmers and designers to work together to create a digital environment that is genuinely decentralized and inclusive.
Blockchains must have a good operating system in order to reach their full potential and create a new world.
“Cartesi bridges the gap between mainstream software and blockchain, welcoming millions of developers to the blockchain.”
- Why Cartesi Matters
What is our team like?
Located all over the world, the Cartesi remote team is full of life and energy. Our core contributors span over 19 countries, and 14 nationalities. We are a diverse selection of makers, mavericks, and people of greatness. What binds us together is that we all want to create a better world. Together. And with inclusivity at the heart of everything we say and do, we’ll keep pushing ourselves for the better.
About the role
Working with Cartesi means teaming up with a totally remote team. It means you need to work across many time zones. Though a 9-5 mentality is not what we’re looking for, we do support you in having a healthy work-life balance.
In the role of Back End Developer we are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
- Design and develop Rust microservices in a reliable and scalable architecture.
- Self-assign issues to work on and review PRs on Github from fellow coworkers.
- Collaborate with other development teams inside Cartesi, gathering requirements and proposing solutions for their problems.
- Understand other systems that interact with your own, including how Cartesi works on the blockchain.
Here’s what a normal week at Cartesi could look like:
- Say hello to your colleagues on Slack or check in with a short coffee greeting
- Check your tasks on Slack, Github and plan your workday
- Meet team members to sync about the current tasks and the next steps
- Learn about the latest technology in web3
- Participate in or start a FunFriday on Slack
- Have a monthly check-in with the entire team in a video call (cams on!)
- Have high-end discussions with your colleagues about a solution
- Participate in online team events
- Meet your colleagues who live close by during a live dinner or meet them at one of our live events
The Desired Profile:
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- 3+ years of relevant experience with software development.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture.
- Be familiar with deployment using Docker.
- Experience with statically-typed languages.
- Experience with Event Streaming.
- Experience with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with Git (e.g. we do rebase and use commit —fix-up to keep the history clean and concise).
- Good English communication skills (written and spoken).
- Self-motivated to work in a 100% remote office environment.
Plus points if you have the following:
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience with Redis Streams or Kafka.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with AWS.
- Knowledge of blockchain and Solidity technology.
What fun and exciting perks will you get while working with Cartesi?
- Potential to be a big part of the project as it develops and have the chance to own your work and contribute to Cartesi’s vision and ideas.
- Flexible work hours and fully remote location. For us, talent is based on skills and attitude, not on where you are based.
- Flexible Paid Time-Off. We encourage those working with us to recharge their batteries when needed.
- Hardware, home office, learning and certification, health insurance, physical and mental wellness subsidies.
- The chance to experience a start-up environment and be a part of a supportive, friendly, and enthusiastic team with a modern and inclusive culture. We love to have fun and really care about what we are building!
The Hiring Process
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Please send your application below to be considered:
This is our hiring process:
- Shortlisting of candidates.
- Chosen candidates will be invited for a short interview with HR.
- Technical call with our Engineering Team.
- Optional: Another technical call for more clarifications.
- Final offer if you are our most successful applicant!
We are planning to hire for this role as soon as possible.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We at Cartesi are deeply committed to equal employment opportunities, especially in the power of diverse and inclusive teams. Because we celebrate diversity, we actively search and hire the best talents around the world regardless of their gender, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, or place of origin.
We invite everyone to send their application even if you don’t check 100% of the requirements presented. If this role is not for you, please feel free to share this opportunity with someone else who might be interested. We highly appreciate it!
Cartesi focuses on Linux, Cryptocurrency, Blockchains, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://cartesi.io or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwOC4xNjkM