ABI Growth is seeking an experienced attorney to advise its Web3 and new-tech businesses, primarily within BEES. You will also provide legal support on other transformational projects, including relating to data privacy, product counseling, and technology transactions. Prior experience providing legal advice relating to web3, data privacy, new technologies, or technology transactions (e.g., SaaS or licensing deals) is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience working at a large law firm or in-house at a tech-focused company.
In this role, you will be working in ABI Growth’s global headquarters in New York, but you will work closely with the ABI Growth and BEES teams within each of our 19 countries. Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is preferred.
This position is located in New York, NY.
|Work Location: New York, NY
(Please note that the salary details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, not total compensation, which includes bonus and benefits.)
Job Description/Key Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary legal advisor to ABI Growth’s web3, NFT, and metaverse business and provide full-service legal support to this team.
- Provide broad-ranging legal advice to other teams across BEES, including relating to SaaS and licensing transactions, strategic commercial relationships, data monetization strategies, data privacy projects, and product counseling.
- Advise on data privacy requirements and oversee transformational data projects (such as global T&Cs, data monetization enablement, and consent strategies).
- Partner with the BEES commercial and engineering teams to understand their goals and challenges, in order to provide tailored and practical legal advice.
- Liaise with the local BEES legal teams and serve as a center of expertise with the ABI Growth Global team on tech-focused legal issues.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel on strategic projects.
- Identify and anticipate complex and emerging legal, corporate affairs, and reputational issues
- Provide trainings to the commercial and engineering teams on key legal issues.
- Ensure new products/features and/or services provided through our digital platform comply with law and industry best practices.
- Draft and negotiate contracts.
- Attorney licensed to practice in at least one US state.
- Bachelor's degree and JD from an ABA-accredited law school, with strong academic credentials.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including experience at a law firm (highly preferred) or in-house legal department at a technology company.
- Prior experience advising technology companies or on technology-related issues, preferred.
- Ability and desire to work on a broad range of legal issues, flexibility to function as a generalist lawyer but dive into specific, complex legal issues.
- Interest in (or experience with) web3, NFTs, blockchains, decentralized tech, gaming, and/or metaverses.
- Interest in (or experience with) global data privacy laws.
- Desire to help build the legal function from the ground up.
- Ability to work independently and in a start-up environment, which is fast-paced and tech-driven.
- Practical legal approach, focused on enabling the business strategy rather than a compliance-first mindset.
- Fully fluent in English, proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Total Rewards packageincluding:medical and dental coverage, fertility benefits, 401k match, parental leave, and paid time off
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwOC4xNjkM