Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department:Information Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Geminiâs very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Security Intern
- Develop and document in-app security controls covering multiple fields including fraud detection, bot control, and data management
- Partner with internal security teams to provide security validation of software development
- Collaborate with engineering teams to educate and assist them in mitigating vulnerabilities
- Partner with senior engineers to write tests to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features
- Review other software engineersâ code for correctness, >
- Pursuing a Bachelorâs Degree in computer science, computer engineering or comparable
- Current rising sophomore, junior or senior at a university or college
- Interest or experience in computer and application security
- Basic proficiency in Python
- Interest and basic understanding of core Software Engineering and coding concepts
- Learning to work collaboratively on a team and communicate in meetings
- Effectively communicates work status to teammates and manager
- Proactively asks questions and reaches out for help when stuck
- Voices concerns or need for clarification to their manager
- Accepts feedback graciously and learns from experience
Pay Rate: The hourly pay rate for this role is $50/hour in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.