Forbes is looking for an organized and energetic Content Strategist to join the SEO team. The position, reporting into the Manager, SEO & Content Strategy, will work collaboratively with our Editors and writers across the Investing & Web3 verticals to focus on creating, maintaining and optimizing our content to help grow our audience in the Investing & Crypto space. As a member of the SEO team, you will have a strong voice in the content that we produce, which will directly serve the needs of our readers and drive positive business outcomes. In addition to joining a high-performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
- Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and take on responsibilities.
- Career Development: Coaching and mentorship, industry conference attendance opportunities.
- Work/life Balance: Hybrid/remote work policy, regular group social engagement, celebration of passion projects and side hustles, optional mindfulness sessions twice a month.
- Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team-building.
What You'll Do:
- Identify new coverage opportunities by conducting competitive analysis to identify gaps in content
- Perform trends research to identify which stories and topics to pitch to our editors and writers to meet our readers when they need the information most.
- Work closely with our editorial team to create a robust evergreen content calendar to proactively anticipate seasonal trends with our readers’ questions in mind.
- Train our staff writers and editors on how to optimize news and evergreen stories for search, honing in on the importance of page titles, headlines, internal links, and meta descriptions.
- Identify opportunities to keep content fresh and relevant, highlight problematic elements that potentially harm performance (e.g broken links in content)
- Perform keyword research to create thorough content briefs that align with SEO and editorial best practices .
- Partner with our editorial team to strategize on content creation for major list launches; Analyze and report on the organic search performance of these list launches.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (technical or analytical field a plus)
- 2-4 years of experience in SEO; Publisher experience is a plus within an investing/personal finance space
- Experience conducting keyword research and Trends analysis with Google Trends as well as other tools to monitor real-time trends in news.
- A strong understanding of Google’s news algorithm and the key factors that can impact visibility in news search results.
- Strong communication skills.
- Well organized with a good eye for detail
- Team player with all-hands-on-deck attitude and an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- A willingness to experiment, iterate, innovate, and fail quickly.
The annual base salary range for this role is $85,000 - $92,000
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
Compensation: $85k - $92k
Location: NJ Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|Jersey City, NJ, United States|| |