Title: Channel Account Manager â US East Region
Location: East Coast; United States. Preferably local to Cleveland, OH or Atlanta, GA.
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Job Function: Channel Sales
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Enterprise Software
The position is based in the United States and can be performed remotely when necessary. Applicants must hold US citizen or US permanent resident status.
About the position
Reporting directly to the VP of Channel Sales, your main responsibility will be to help create and implement the strategy to develop the partner relationships in your area, aiming for full partner enablement regarding selling and delivering our products and solutions. We are looking to both scale our partner ecosystem and deepening of our already existing partner relationships. Together with your partners you will be creating joint marketing activities, planning events, coordinating trainings, and facilitating the alignment between our respective business models ensuring an enhanced end-customer value. A big emphasis will be put on understanding the complete partner account, their offerings, and their business models. Internally our main task is to enable our business to scale and grow revenue by levering our partnerâs market connections and ability to multiply the total number of sales cycles.
While the emphasis for this role will be to drive and develop business through partner management, we believe a key part of being successful here is a genuine interest in our products and our technology. A good technical understanding of IT in general, and IT security, along with an ambition to become the subject matter expert on our products and capabilities will be essential.
You will be working closely with several Keyfactor teams including sales, professional services, sales engineering, marketing, finance, and management, and the ability to create good personal relationships within the company will be essential to your success. We are a growing company that values and relies on the entrepreneurship and the initiative power of our employees, as a Channel Account Manager at Keyfactor we believe that these skills are inherit to who you are.
- Develop and execute the strategic joint business plan that will drive all aspects of the partner relationship including executive direction and focus, solution and industry focus and investment, business development, enablement and certification plans, demand marketing, joint solution development etc.
- Responsible for delivering a reliable forecasts and clear and accurate reporting for the region.
- Identify and develop key relationships within each partner account including executive, sales, marketing and technical within each partner account.
- Maintain a commitment to the companyâs values processes and target visions.
- To act as an ambassador for Keyfactor.
- Responsibility for negotiating partner contracts.
- Work closely with marketing, product owners and sales enablement to create all relevant material needed for partners success.
- Present and promote the Keyfactor value proposition and our capabilities ensuing Keyfactorâs accurate positioning within the partner portfolio.
- Driving your partners to grow their investment and engagement with Keyfactor
- Be a partner to the Sales organization supporting and growing their partner influenced business relative to their sales effort and objectives
- Manage all aspects of your partner relationships
- Source new opportunities for our sales team via your partner ecosystem and support them during the sales motion
- Collaborate with Marketing teams between Keyfactor and partner organizations to build and execute joint demand generation plans (CxO Roundtables, Joint events etc)
- Develop and execute joint solution development plans with emphasis on targeting industry verticals and markets
- Provide regular communication and transparency to promote the success of the partnership both internal and external
- Lead regular business performance / relationship reviews with senior Keyfactor and partner management
- Update the internal CRM system with activities and information as needed and aligned to senior management expectations
Skills and Qualifications
- 8-10 years experience in technical sales and Partner/Channels/Key Account Management
- University degree in Business or Technology preferred
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to develop, articulate and execute compelling value propositions.
- Strong networking skills.
- Excellent, clear and transparent communication skills and the ability to communicate across different cultures / geographic regions.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills including ability to make professional presentations in front of both small and larger audiences.
- Ability to write and execute strategic sales plans.
- Ability to utilize both analytical and creative skills effectively.
- Experience in a rapid-growth company or business unit is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of how sales and prospecting companies and partners evaluating security, software and SaaS Solutions.
- An interest and ability to learn technical concepts within security and cryptography areas with the ability to communicate them at an intermediate level. Experienced in contract negotiations.
- Successful candidate will be able to work with multiple deadlines in a fast growing mid-stage start-up environment.
- Experience in working towards companywide targets and motivating individuals to achieve them.
- Advantageous to have a general understanding of IT-security, PKI, Certificate Lifecycle Management and open-source software.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Culture, Career Opportunities and Benefits
We build teams that continually strive to get better than the day before. You will be challenged daily and given opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We balance autonomy and structure to create an entrepreneurial environment to spur creativity and new ideas. A few initiatives that make our culture special include:
- Comprehensive benefit coverage
- Dedicated employee focused ambassadors via Key Contributor & Culture Committee
- DIVERSE Commitment
- Global Volunteer Day
- Flexible time off
- Regular Cross Functional meetings
- Regular Leadership Development meetings
- Regular All Hands meetings â followed by group gatherings
- Second Fridayâs (a company-wide day off on the second Friday of every month)
- The Keyfactor Alliance Program
- Weekly Feedback Snapshot
Our Core Values
Our core values are extremely important to how we run our business and what we look for in every team member:
Trust is paramount.
We deliver security software and solutions where trust and openness are of the highest importance for our customers. We are honest and a trusted partner in every aspect of business.
Customers are core.
We strategize, operate, and execute through a customer-centric view. We prioritize the security interests of our customers, and we act as if their data were our own.
Innovation never stops, it only accelerates.
The speed of change is accelerating. We are committed, through investment and focus, to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
We deliver with agility.
We thrive in high-paced and continually changing environments. We navigate through newly added variables, adjust accordingly, while driving towards our strategic goals.
United by respect.
Respect for all is what unites us. We promote diversity, inclusivity, equity, and acting with empathy and openness, both in our business and in our communities.
Teams make âitâ happen.
Vision and goals are not individually achievable â they require teamwork. We pride ourselves in operating as a cohesive team, creating promoters and partners, and winning as one.
Keyfactor is a proud equal opportunity employer.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: Applicants with disabilities may contact a member of Keyfactorâs People team via [email protected]/or telephone at 1.216.785.2990 to request and arrange for accommodations at any time.
Keyfactor Privacy Notice