🙋♀️ About the Role
We’re looking for our second engineer to join our team and lead our web3 efforts! This is a greenfield opportunity where your choices will shape the future of not only Villcaso, but Americans’ ability to fully access their most important financial asset – their home. We’re specifically looking for someone with substantial experience working with and building smart contracts, token development, and DeFi solutions.
🏠 About Villcaso
Villcaso is a DeFi protocol that makes it ridiculously easy for American homeowners to access their home equity. There’s over $25T locked up in people’s homes – that’s over $180k for every single household in America. Villcaso makes it fast, fair, and flexible for people to unlock their home equity, without the need to take on debt or risk their home. We provide home equity liquidity through our asset-backed fungible crypto token. Villcaso leverages the best of DeFi to make life better for everyday Americans around the country.
- Write high quality, performant, and well-tested Solidity code
- Architect smart contract infrastructure
- Achieve comprehensive unit and integration test coverage
- Work with the team to design, deploy, and maintain highly usable user experiences
- Document development processes, specifications, and best practices for internal and external use
🎯 Experience & Skills Requirements
- Experience architecting or developing for blockchain/DeFi projects
- Experience working with Solidity and web3 tools (Hardhat, Truffle, etc.)
- A deep understanding of DeFi and the web3 ecosystem
- A strong sense of ownership, drive, and perseverance
- An awareness of contract security best practices.
- Concern over the financial implications of your code.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Fluent/Native English
😍 Ideally, you’ll also have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related industry, or equivalent that provides a foundation in engineering / computer science
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer, or similar
- Experience with EVM side-chains (Polygon) and cross-chain bridges
- Read whitepapers for fun
- Active participation in a DAO
- A great sense of humor
Villcaso focuses on Real Estate, Finance Technology, Fin Tech, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Austin, and Miami. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.villcaso.com
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RMy4yMzUuMTczLjc0M