Boson Protocol is looking for a Head of Engineering who can lead a small team of engineers to navigate the ever evolving blockchain space, finding the bridges between Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 whilst helping the project achieve adoption.
As the Head of Engineering you will be core to instrumenting the future growth in the engineering team, helping to build out and scale the team to meet ongoing Product requirements. dCommerce is at a crossroads where we will need to draw from existing commerce infrastructures and improve on them to ensure that the Web 3.0 experience is as good, if not even better, than the current status quo; we are looking for someone who can see the big picture.
You will take the initiative in designing and building a product at the bleeding edge of technology that is going to be immediately applied in real life. Ideally, you will hold a Computer Science Degree or similar and have a keen interest in blockchain technologies. Hands-on commercial experience building an application that is powered by a blockchain is a must.
The role open is for a long-term relationship, working predominantly remotely and you can expect to become an integral part of a diverse international team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Product
- Understand and communicate use-cases and rationale for product development
- Accurately estimate the complexity of your tasks, working within a geographically distributed Product team
- Lead and grow a small team of engineers
- Architect and implement reusable components
- Design and build out our set of web3 applications and libraries
- Contribute code as well designing the core platform
- Ensure that the Boson Protocol evolves into a fully trustless and permissionless protocol
- 6 years+ experience building complex systems
- Experience building a dApp that builds on top of an EVM blockchain
- Experience in building consumer facing products with Node.js & Typescript
- Deep understanding of how Ethereum works, with a familiarity with its rivals
- DevOps experience, knowledge of infrastructure as code best practices
- Ability to work with high autonomy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong familiarity of modern product development methodologies
- Strong familiarity with React and building web applications
- A never ending curiosity to learn and master new tooling and best practices
- Knowledge about the inner workings of the EVM
- Experience with Solidity
- Experience with testing on an Ethereum test network
- Experience/understanding of any different scalability solutions, such as rollups and sidechains. Knowledge of zk rollups is a big plus
Our tech stack:
- Jest / Cypress
- Ethers.js / web3.js
- Hardhat / Truffle
- GitHub Actions
What we offer you:
- Flexible, remote work with a high degree of autonomy in a dynamic, fast growth startup
- An opportunity to leverage bleeding edge technology and industry-leading development practices
- Close collaboration with leading projects in the space
- A highly competitive salary and other potential arrangements. Details depend on ability and experience. Come and talk to us.
- Your choice of equipment
Some of our guiding principles:
- Dream Big: We want to build technology that can outlast the founders and reshape commerce and society at large
- Self-Mastery: Mindful conduct and always on learning are critical components of personal and collective growth
- Collaboration: Expertise is key, but sharing knowledge and building together with joy is the foundation of truly remarkable work
- Stay lean: Our ethos is to create and share value equitably, with minimal value extraction.
If that sounds good to you, we look forward to receiving your application!
Why work with us
Boson Protocol is Web3’s commerce Layer, enabling the decentralized commercial exchange of any physical thing as redeemable NFTs. No need to trust centralised intermediaries or sellers. Instead Boson is an efficient, optimistic, fair-exchange protocol built using smart contracts encoded with game theory, with escalation to independent dispute resolvers. Simply purchase the redeemable NFT and get the physical item, or your money back.
Boson Protocol’s vision is to seize the multi-trillion dollar opportunity to become the decentralized layer upon which future commerce will run.
We are empowering builders and partners to reinvent commercial exchange as we know it. If you are passionate about becoming part of that revolution, we hope you apply to join us!
Read more about us here: https://bosonprotocol.io/
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Location: Remote working, UK/EU timezones preferred
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|