Senior Core Infrastructure Engineer - Performance & Security
- Be responsible for managing the Linux kernel and operating systems for all our on-premise servers, both from a low-latency performance and security perspective.
- Tune and optimize both the Linux kernel, operating system and associated hardware.
- Work closely with the various SRE/Dev teams to ensure applications run optimally and securely.
- Automate everything from kernel builds and testing, to ‘at scale’ production deployments.
- Integrate kernel and operating system configuration with IaC tooling.
- Improve the current observability, monitoring and alerting associated to your areas of responsibility.
- Work on a common container platform that’s used by SRE/Dev teams.
- Provide architectural input and peer review across multiple teams and exchange services.
- 5+ years of experience working with Linux kernels and operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, focussed on automation and performance tuning. Able to squeeze every bit of performance out of the servers our trading engine is running on!
- A deep understanding of security. You know your way around Linux kernels and how to tweak them to build extremely secure environments.
- Building automated performance benchmarking, leveraging CI/CD technologies.
- Knowledge of low-latency networking (Solarflare/Xilinx onload) and knowledge of the network protocols.
- Strong with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling (Terraform/Kubernetes, Ansible/Salt)
- Experience with containerisation (Docker, KVM)
- CI/CD & toolchains (Gitlab, make, gcc)
- Experience with software-defined storage systems (Ceph, Gluster)
- Knowledge for Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M
This job is closed
Compensation: $81k - $100k *
Location: Remote Anywhere
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|Manila, Philippines|| |
|Madrid, Spain|| ||Apply|