Chainlink Labs is hiring a Web3 Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering Operations
Compensation: $80k - $150k *
Location: United States / Remote
Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering Operations
United States / Remote /
Remote - Full-time
Apply for this job
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $7T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
The Engineering Operations team supports product teams by providing specialized expertise required to keep products in a safe and reliable functioning condition while maximizing delivery velocity. Engineering Operations functions as a security, release, and operational layer ensuring optimal balance between feature delivery velocity and product stability. We focus on minimizing operational risk, improving tempo, and automating manual processes that prevent software delivery from being repeatable and stable.
DevOps Engineer combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Much of our software development focuses on building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work.
In the EngOps team, we follow the infrastructure-as-code approach and practice GitOps. Our on-call rotation uses the follow-the-sun pattern. We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Automate and reduce complexities around product operations
- Evangelize and enact best practices as experts
- Make tooling user-friendly and accessible to create self-sufficient operational experts across the company and our network of Node Operators
- Continue delivering operational tasks in agreed SLOs to expand scalability and reliability
- Deliver high product velocity while protecting reliability and operability
- Pair with engineers from across the company to help with troubleshooting, deploy new services, and figure out how to increase developer velocity and eliminate pain points
- Support production systems by being on-call
- Provide technical leadership for the local team and work closely with partner team technical leads
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies
- Be willing to go on-call. Reliability is our most important feature, because on-call is an essential component of a reliable system we take it very seriously
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in DevOps or SRE and Software engineering background. We’re big on building internal tools and automation, doing code reviews, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing automation tools in one or more programming languages.
- Experience with CI/CD. You know how to deploy your services reliably and have used tools like GitHub Actions, CirceCI, TravisCI, or Jenkins to achieve that
- Experience with scripting and configuration management. You can write scripts to automate routine tasks and have familiarity with tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools helping to create and manage a collection of related resources like Terraform, CloudFormation (AWS), Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Google Cloud Deployment Manager, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems and container orchestration. You have maintained or even built Kubernetes clusters before and feel comfortable deploying complete new services on them or have familairy with Docker
- Experience with Git-based version control systems that keep track of changes to code, configuration and enable collaboration.
- Strong communication skills. It’s a fully remote job that requires working with multiple stakeholders across all of Engineering. Great communication is as essential as the technical knowledge for this role.
- Experience working in fully remote teams across time zones. We are spread out across time zones and prefer asynchronous communication and documenting our work instead of calling meetings
- Experience working in scale-up companies of a similar size or early-stage startups.
- Experience in blockchain or DeFi space
- Experience with monitoring and logging. You know how to export metrics to Prometheus, have built a Grafana dashboard or two, and have experience with a centralized logging solution like the Elastic Stack, Spunk or LogDNA
- Contributions to open-source projects or participation in tech communities. Being involved with the greater tech community, working with people outside of the company, mentoring other people, giving conference talks—in other words, the desire to share knowledge.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Apply for this job
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjEzMS4xNTgM
Compensation: $80k - $150k *
Location: United States / Remote
Receive similar jobs:
Web3 DevOp Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 DevOp is $130k per year, with a minimum base salary of $60k and a maximum of $335k.
Check more information about Web3 DevOp Salary.
Remote Web3 DevOp Jobs
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|Cebu City, Philippines||Apply|
$100k - $180k
💯 Job Guarantee
$95k - $200k
Bring your Web3 ideas to life
Winners will share a $225,000 prize pool, VC pitch meetings, and more
$59k - $119k
$61k - $175k