As a Software Engineer at IOG, you are responsible for writing high-quality code for our products. You have the exciting challenge of working with cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market's needs. To support you on this challenge, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists and QA test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently.
This position in particular will request Back End development of a state of the art Educational DID solution, already deployed and live for one client, to be improved and developed as a Product, to reach a white label model at a later stage.
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work effectively with teams across multiple time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Be proactive and require minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies previously agreed acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team mates
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severity 1 issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Write accurate documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Be knowledgeable of distributed and concurrent computation
- Be knowledgeable of the basics of cryptography
Education / Experience
- Degree in Computer Science is desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 2-3 years development experience (professional or otherwise) in the required language; Java, React, Scala
- High proficiency in Docker and docker compose, Slick and deployments on Redis and Play framework
- Experience with message queuing systems; Apache Kafka and or RabbitMQ
- Experience with relational based databases, preferred Postgresql
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Experience with Enumeratum, TAPIR, Monix libraries
- Practical experience with Agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Write idiomatic code that satisfies the acceptance criteria of a given task
- Write tests (unit tests, property tests) that provide sufficient and non-superfluous efficient code coverage.
- Document code and APIs concisely and unambiguously
- Break down tasks into subtasks that are completable in a short amount of time and report completion as required by managers
- Pragmatically adhere to software engineering principles (modularity, incremental development, no premature optimization, no feature creep, no speculative generality, ...)
- Experience with web services development and RESTful APIs
- Distributed system and network development
- A track record of delivering software projects from start to finish
- Proficiency in software development best practices, including design, implementation, testing, and debugging
- HTTP API understanding as well as accessibility and security compliance.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Network expertise
- Familiarity with Poldercast, Dandelion, Kademlia, Tor, P2P architectures and topologies.
- Practical experience with issues related to latency and throughput
- Knowledge of distributed computing libraries
- Specialization in Tools
- Experience writing or working (cross) compilers, object formats, linkers, build systems, IDEs and IDE integrations.
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with large legacy code bases, across multiple languages.
- Reaching agreements with upstream developers.
- Specialized in Full Stack
- CSS Preprocessing
- NPM, Webpack, Gulp
- React/Angular/Backbone/Vue/Knockout/MobX/REST API
- React Storybook
- MVC/MVVM patterns
- UX/Design Principles
- Familiarity with blockchain concepts:
- Proof of stake blockchain consensus mechanisms
- Understanding of wallets and inter connection and interaction with blockchain
Appreciated additional Skills:
- Familiarity with the Haskell programming language
- Familiarity with Rust programming language
- Experience in developing cryptography protocols would be a bonus, as would Web3 experience
IOG is a fully distributed organization, and therefore, this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone based in Ethiopia or Kenya.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Compensation: $39k - $65k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
Solidity Developer Salary
The average yearly salary for a Solidity Developer is $130k per year, with a minimum base salary of $60k and a maximum of $250k.
Check more information about Solidity Developer Salary.
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|San Francisco, CA, United States|| ||Apply|
|United States|| ||Apply|
|Ny, NY, United States|| ||Apply|
|Miami, FL, United States|| ||Apply|
|United States|| ||Apply|