Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations includingAave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.
<h3><strong>Blockchain Security Research Fellowship Program IV</strong></h3>
At OpenZeppelin we are launching a limited fellowship program where you will work closely with our team of world-class blockchain security experts to develop the knowledge and skills to kickstart your career in the industry. This is a 3 month paid program. Upon successful completion of the program, you will become a full time Blockchain Security Researcher.
The fellowship program is designed for candidates who possess a background in general software development along with prior professional experience in one or more of these following areas: cyber security, applied mathematics, or economics. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about blockchain and decentralization, cyber security and have knowledge of Solidity and Ethereum.
What youâll be doing
- Engaging in a range of directed and autonomous study across numerous topics focusing on smart contract security.
- Collaborating with top blockchain security researchers, benefiting from mentorship, continuous coaching, and access to their expertise.
- Undertaking an independent research project on an area of mutual interest.
- Conducting hands-on code auditing using our methodologies and techniques.
- Providing verbal and written reporting on identified vulnerabilities.
- Having the opportunity to upscale your technical capabilities in areas such as zero-knowledge proofs or formal verification, and languages like Rust or Cairo.
- 5+ years of professional experience in one or more of these following areas: software development, cyber security, cryptography, data science, applied mathematics or economics.
- 2+ years of experience in development (self-taught or industry experience).
- Passion for the blockchain space and decentralization.
- Knowledge in the Solidity programming language.
- Basic understanding of Ethereum or other EVM based blockchains.
- Passion and interest at analyzing complex problems.
- Interest in developing an adversarial thinking and a hacker mindset
- Above average attention to detail.
- An advanced English level and great communication skills (oral and written).
- Prior experience in working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for autonomous time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (45 minutes)
- Hiring Manager call (45 minutes)
- Team member interview (1 hour)
- Leadership call (30 minutes)
- Reference checks
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and weâll do our best to provide assistance.
<div class="content-conclusion"><section class="j-content">
- Unlimited holidays ð
- Fully remote: your way of working ð
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver ð
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world ð
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD ðª
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities ðª
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice ð©âð»
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) ð£
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry ð
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!