Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Afterpay is looking for a Director of GTM Operations to join our growing Enterprise & Mid-Market Sales organization. The Director of GTM Operations will work across Sales, Marketing, and Account Management teams to identify the greatest opportunities to improve launch experience (both internal and external) and drive results. The key focus will be on driving alignment between cross-functional teams, commercial terms, and expectations of our merchant partners.
- GTM strategy
- Build a small but high-functioning team to quarterback key merchant launches, and develop scalable practices to ensure smooth launches across the merchant base
- Act as the connective fiber between the sales organization and the post-live teams to ensure merchant success for first 90 days post launch
- Represent Afterpay Enterprise org externally in key moments, directly driving and supporting pilots and scaled launches for our largest partners
- Set and clearly articulate KPIs in partnership with sales and marketing leadership, F&S. Ensure execution teams are briefed and adequately prepared to support the launch.
- Help drive high-functioning and high-performing leadership teams across the NA Sales Org and Global Enterprise team.
- Operational Frameworks
- Benchmark our current GTM operations capabilities to better understand our gaps and greatest opportunities for improvement under the lens of end-to-end functionality.
- Develop a playbook of merchant launch best practices (internal and external) and work across supporting functions to operationalize internal and external processes.
- Standardize, own, analyze, and report out the key performance indicators and accompanying analyses and recommendations of the GTM Ops teams.
- Develop and implement operating mechanisms to drive alignment, accountability and coordination across teams.
- Analyze data and produce meaningful insights and recommended tactics to increase the success of the business strategy. Shepherd the development of a data-driven decision-making culture.
- Leader & Trusted Delegate
- Act as the representative for the NA Sales Org in various leadership meetings and in internal and external forums as appropriate.
- Act as the ‘subject matter expert’ on external merchant pitches or account management meetings as appropriate.
- 10+ years of experience in senior leadership roles spanning strategy, planning, and execution in a customer facing organization such as sales, marketing, customer success, management consulting
- Superb communication and engagement abilities
- Strong bias for action, an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity, and natural perseverance.
- Ability to inspire change and action, driving complex cross-functional programs in highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to lead and influence external client relationships from signed through launch, and represent Afterpay with C-level stakeholders
- Strong organizational/project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTcyLjIyNC4xMDIM