Base is planning to bring a million developers and a billion users onchain. We need your help to make that happen.
We are looking for aSenior Smart Contract Engineer to support the Smart Contract engineering discipline, enabling and accelerating the success of Base. Youâll be working with us as a Core Dev on the open-source OP Stack, which will power the next generation of onchain activity through the Superchain. In addition to direct protocol and smart contract work, youâll be part of the team building and running the infrastructure, ensuring the systems that sustain the Base chain are low-cost, secure, and best-in-class.
What you'll do:
- Architect and build secure smart contract protocols and backend services to connect Coinbase users with the crypto ecosystem
- Drive standardization in crypto protocols by designing and defining interfaces
- Work closely with the Base leadership and product team to set our onchain strategy and roadmaps
- Mentor and train other team members on smart contract engineering best practices
What we look for in you:
- 2+ years of hands-on Solidity development experience
- 1+ years experience deploying smart contracts that have seen public use in Ethereum Mainnet or other EVMs
- 3+ years experience with backend/client side development
- Deep understanding of smart contract best practices and current industry patterns
- Extensive experience with crypto (Ethereum, DeFi etc.)
- Interest and passion for contributing to the crypto ecosystem
- Interest and passion for building secure, robust, scalable infrastructure
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Go
- Experience with zero-knowledge technology
- Contributions to open source crypto projects
Job #: GSCE05NA
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may viewPay Transparency,Employee RightsandKnow Your Rightsnotices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in theE-Verify programin certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.