Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations includingAave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.
<h3><strong>What you'll be doing</strong></h3>
As OpenZeppelin's Community Development Lead, you'll be responsible for generating business development specifically targeted at open-source public goods funding and web3-native protocols. This includes applying to grant programs relevant for our open-source offerings, identifying web3 protocols relevant to our security product and service offerings and identifying other partnership opportunities specific to the web3 community. You'll be working as part of the Growth team alongside our sales team and traditional business development lead. You are expected to be technical enough to understand basic Ethereum development terminology and engage with web3 communities through forums and other social media outreach methods.
- Supporting business development efforts across the Global Crypto Landscape, with a focus on developing and writing grants and proposals.
- Develop presentations, analysis, and research-related efforts associated with the grants and proposals.
- Managing Grant and W3, relationships bringing knowledge/information resource on multiple Crypto projects, including Ethereum, Polkadot, Solana, etc.
- Program managing Grant applications and GTM, working closely with business development
- Building meaningful relationships with ecosystem and project grant managers, with the emphasis on regular contact, problem solving and funding management
- Spotting strong connections to OpenZeppelins ecosystem and evangelizing the benefits of it
- Passion for web3 funding mechanics / business models / DAOs.
- In-depth knowledge of how Web3 ventures grow, and their idiosyncratic characteristics compared to non-Web3 start-ups.
- Understanding of how projects manage their crypto treasuries and associated Grants
- 3+ years of experience in biz dev or grant application management or corporate development and/or project management.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills â good English speaker
- An established network within the blockchain ecosystem, knowing where to find the best founders.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
Nice to have
- Knowledge of solidity and the ability to evaluate Ethereum-based protocols at a fundamental level.
- 2+ years experience of software development. In particular, Solidity smart contracts coding and testing exposure according to business requirements
- Previous experience managing L1 protocol Grant Programs.
- Ability to process and calculate large amounts of industry data
- Ability to interpret and isolate key content points and chart the associated data
- Confidently generate new ideas, âthink outside the box,â and communicate written and verbal insights/recommendations to internal teams and clients
- Python, SQL and On-chain analytics (Nansen, Dune, etherscan) experience
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30-45 minutes)
- Hiring Manager call (30-45 minutes)
- Team member interview (30 minutes)
- Leadership call (45 minutes)
- Paid work test (lasting up to 2 days)
- Reference checks
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and weâll do our best to provide assistance.
<div class="content-conclusion"><section class="j-content">
- Unlimited holidays ð
- Fully remote: your way of working ð
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver ð
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world ð
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD ðª
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities ðª
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice ð©âð»
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) ð£
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry ð
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!