Decent is accelerating the decentralized future and restoring power to individuals. In-studio to on-chain, we’ve taken our mission out in the open, inviting builders, founders, and degens alike to share knowledge, define new opportunities, and establish a true meritocracy where prosperity is available to all. Want in on the action? Keep reading. And let’s show the world how Web3 could be and should be done.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for scaling up operational capabilities across the organization, assessing and managing risk, and driving the business objectives. Oversee the development of the global venture studio and scale global operations.
- Support the management and priorities of the executive team influencing as a complement to the CEO to improve effectiveness across all key company priorities
- Drive operational maturity at Decent collaborating cross-functionally on rigorous organizational effectiveness including communication framework, tracking key metrics/objectives, developing reporting structures, and conducting data analysis
- Conceptualize and implement strategies around various aspects of the organizational growth and organizational improvement
- Act as primary interface for the CEO with multiple workstream leaders to condense reporting structure and ensure efficient chain of command
- Manage high-priority business initiatives from conception through successful execution, collaborating with cross-functional internal team members, consultants and external partners as needed
- Assume ownership of our internal leadership and Investor meetings - managing the content, cadence, materials review and dissemination and ensuring objectives are achieved
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve current processes across functional areas, optimizing our procedures for efficiency and productivity
- Identify operational bottlenecks and build scalable solutions that drive our growth and improve overall business performance
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Operate and run regular team meetings
- Help ensure strategic and realistic long-term planning informed by the needs of the team, and break down long-term targets into short-term objectives
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- 8 + years experience as a COO
- 5-10 years multidisciplinary business in a combination of operations, product management, consulting
- Knowledgeable of Crypto/Blockchain and have a very strong passion for the potential of Blockchain
- Bring a deep executive network
- Experience running a smaller execution-focused team directly as "the spreadsheet person," as well as experience building out and running a larger organization
- Experience setting culture and inspiring others
- Experience mapping out the full "game tree" of possibilities for a space to stay ahead of where things are going to evolve
- Expertise in defining and stating expectations and objectives with team members and completing all related follow up and improvement measures
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills and ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of leadership across the organization
- Experience with a global organization, having built strong partnerships with stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent EQ that understands how to bring strong perspectives together for a common outcome in a positive way
- Extremely trustworthy with exceptional reliability. Exceptional discretion and diplomacy that builds strong thriving relationships
- Altruistic, selfless and able to set aside personal interest/ego for objectivity
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Adaptable: Able to work with a fast-paced industry and create order in the midst of volatility.
- Able and interested to travel Internationally, with a valid passport, if needed.
- Experience public speaking and acting as the face of a large mission-driven organization
- A lover of processes and organization, but also have a practical side.
- Attentive to detail and have prioritization skills, where you can execute when you notice things aren’t right.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- A commitment to being detail-oriented and self-organized
- Self-directed, proactive work ethic
- Be a decent human
- English proficiency
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking DeFi products. We've fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
- Work in a rapidly expanding global rocket ship.
- Unlock a unique chance to contribute to Web3.
- Join a team that cares about its user, products, and working conditions.
- Work flexible hours.
- Enjoy full-time, paid vacations.
- Be fully remote.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwOC4xNjkM