Nice to have: This is a niche role that requires a mix of experience with the business development/sales mindset. Candidate will be working with newer technologies (see full job description for those details) with a strong emphasis with a Software Engineer background
Purpose/Responsibilities: Drives Metaverse innovations for multiple use cases from Car Design, Production up to Sales and Marketing at BMW. Watches market trends in different emerging technologies impacting the Metaverse – 3D/VR/AR, Blockchain/NFT, Artificial Intelligence – with respective analysis of their potential for BMW in close partnership with global BMW business units. Understands the business demands of BMW with respect to Metaverse technologies. Designs concepts and implements 3D applications using game engines and hands over to global IT teams.
· Analyzes market trends in emerging technologies for Metaverse applications. Works with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging emerging technologies to drive business solutions
· Develops ideas and concepts in close partnership with startups, universities and tech players. Designs and implements 3D apps using Game Engine technologies (Unreal Engine)
· Integrates SW modules into BMW internal but also external software ecosystems. Manages projects with external companies and universities
· Presents project results to higher BMW Management, business units and also other global TechOffices. Works as a member of an agile team of experts.
· Creates project milestones, refines stories and monitors their status continuously.
· Serves as internal consultant to other developers and engineers as needed, providing assistance in all phases of product life-cycle development.
· Advises developers and engineers on latest Metaverse technologies and assists the team in process matters as related to development/support and provides the necessary on the job training and development of associates/contractors within the team.
· Maintains accurate, meaningful and updated technical and non-technical documentation pertaining to all aspects of area(s) of responsibility.
· Performs other duties as assigned by BMW MC Operations Supervisor
Education/ Experience: Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or related field. Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, engineering or a related field (preferred).
5+ years post-university experience in software engineering in software engineering.
1+ years post-university experience in 3D/VR/AR applications.
1+ years proven experience completing agile projects.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzcuMzEuMTkxM