Open Source Jobs in Web3
1,043 jobs found
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About Our Team
The legal team at ConsenSys provides a broad range of support services to our offering suite. The work is varied but usually somewhere along the intersection of regulatory analysis, strategic business advice, data protection, employment law, intellectual property, disputes, and general corporate work. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient is a requirement, we are confident you’ll enjoy working with us and the broader ConsenSys team. ConsenSys always has been and will remain a remote-first company.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to supplement and complement the current team at ConsenSys. We believe lawyers work best when they are challenged, intellectually stimulated, and pursuing their personal interests. We look forward to crafting a role that fits ConsenSys’s growing needs while charting a compelling career path for our new team members. The core focus of this role will be on the intersection between our emergent technology and litigation, with your primary focus being on disputes arising in the United States. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to advise on issues pertaining to counterparty dispute risk and compliance with laws and regulations. Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with the existing legal team, confer with outside counsel (as necessary), partner with internal support functions like Finance, HR, and IT, and engage with counterparties and other entities before and during legal disputes.
- Advise our product and operations teams on legal and litigation developments and their potential impact on our offerings or operations, with a jurisdictional emphasis on the United States and its territories.
- Oversee internal functions, such as data retention and collection, that relate to disputes we are anticipating or actively involved in.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of documents including, but not limited to, internal policies and procedures, commercial agreements, and vendor agreements that may impact litigation efforts.
- In addition to the core focus of the role, you may also be tasked with (i) general corporate legal matters typically associated with a rapidly growing technology company, including labor & employment issues, strategic transactions, corporate financing, and software licensing.
- Engage in person and in writing with regulators, policymakers, and industry participants on issues relating to regulatory policy and compliance, as necessary and in close coordination with our policy team.
- A law degree from a leading law school and licensed to practice law in good standing within the United States
- 6-10 years of litigation experience at a reputable law firm and/or in-house at a company that both brought and defended itself in disputes
- Experience managing civil litigation, including in the consumer, intellectual property, contract, administrative law, and agency enforcement contexts
- Experience managing regulatory investigations, internal investigations, and document and testimonial discovery
- Fluency in, or a very strong desire to learn about, peer-to-peer blockchain networks and related on-chain and off-chain software and related legal issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of responsibility, including participating substantively in policy development
- Comfort with being self-directed and learning quickly to tackle time-sensitive tasks
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Ability to effectively engage with business and legal counterparts
- Ability to handle multiple projects and matters simultaneously
- A proven academic or professional track-record demonstrating hard work, ambition and a dedication to self-improvement and excellence
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- Be part of a legal team on the cutting edge of peer-to-peer blockchain software development that must deal effectively with all of the legal and regulatory uncertainties that require sound legal guidance to navigate.
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 13 years old. Ethereum itself is still young. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjAwLjExMi4xNzIM
Is Web3 all open source?
Web3, also known as the decentralized web, is a term that refers to the next evolution of the internet, where users have more control over their data and online interactions
As a concept, Web3 is not necessarily tied to any specific technology or platform, so it's difficult to say whether it is all open source
However, many of the technologies and platforms that are associated with Web3, such as blockchain and decentralized applications (dApps), are open source
This allows developers to freely access, modify, and distribute the source code for these technologies, which helps to promote innovation and collaboration within the Web3 ecosystem.