Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner. Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core products include an open source, Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web, as well as foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.
We are building Waku as a public good infrastructure. Waku is the messaging layer of Web3.
It is a decentralized, censorship-resistant, privacy-preserving communication network that enables anyone to send and receive messages without worrying about surveillance or deplatforming.
We are developing 3 open source implementations of Waku:
- Nwaku. https://github.com/status-im/nwaku: the reference implementation and service node,
- Js-waku, https://github.com/waku-org/js-waku: for the browser
- Go-waku: https://github.com/waku-org/go-waku: to integrate as a library in native applications
We are enabling Ethereum builders to create new projects with a fully decentralized architecture, think dApp to Wallet notifications, NFT marketplaces, censorship-resistant chat, layer-2 decentralization and more.
We are looking for a Developer Relations Engineer who is passionate about Ethereum, and decentralization, and who would relish the opportunity to champion Waku to other Web3 projects and developers. You will,
- Liaise with Web3 projects that have a strong decentralization and privacy mindset to convey the USP of Waku
- Support dApp developers in using js-waku and Waku TypeScript libraries, including during hackathons
- Liaise with nwaku and go-waku teams to best support dApp developers building native applications.
- Create examples using Waku to demonstrate specific use cases or frameworks (e.g. React native, Svelte, Vue.js, etc)
- Write guides and blog posts for an audience of Web3 developers
- Speak at conferences and run workshops (both online and real world) to introduce devs to Waku
- Seek partnerships with 3rd party dApp vendors
- Have experience as Developer Relations Engineer
- Are already familiar with the Ethereum community, attended conferences or participated to Hackathons
- Have demonstrated ability to build PoCs webapps and dApps
- Have good communication skills (written and conversational), are willing to deliver talks at conferences
- Enjoy writing for a developer audience (e.g. blogs and documentation)
- Have passion for blockchain and decentralized technologies and understand how they work
- Have a strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if you have experience
- In Web3 or blockchain development
- In backend languages such as Golang
- Working for an open source organization
- Speaking at developer conferences
- Working remotely
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
We are happy to pay salaries in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
Get to know us
- Interview with People Ops team
- Technical and DevRel discussion with Waku Product and js-waku lead
- Technical & Culture Interview with Developer from the Vac & Waku Product Teams
- Interview with Status Logos program lead
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline].