Our vision is to provide the next billion people with access to products that exemplify the ideals of Bitcoin. These ideals - which include peer-to-peer transactions, decentralization, censorship resistance, and permissionless-ness - bolster economic freedom.
Our approach is to develop and promote widely accessible products that create economic freedom. Our multichain cryptocurrency wallet app - with over 40 million self-custody crypto wallets created - provides people with an easy-to-use and highly secure method for buying, selling, storing, sending, receiving, and trading cryptocurrencies.
Since 2015, Bitcoin.com has been a global leader in introducing newcomers to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. In December 2022 we took the next step with the launch of our own rewards and utility token VERSE and our own decentralized cryptocurrency exchange Verse DEX. By incentivizing and gamifying engagement in the Bitcoin.com ecosystem, Verse supercharges Bitcoin.comâs mission to onboard the world to crypto and accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive financial system.
We are seeking a talented Java Backend Engineer who shares our vision.
The Bitcoin.com Platform powers all our core applications for Bitcoin.comâs financial services team. This includes interacting with our global network of blockchain RPC nodes to fetch users' balances, read transaction history, process transactions, and send real-time notifications and updates. Work on the cutting edge of distributed systems by connecting directly with blockchain networks to deliver the most robust and stable experience to Bitcoin.com wallet users.
The position will require the successful candidate to work inter-departmentally across Engineering and Product Management.
- Build features, infrastructure, architecture and applications for world-class cryptocurrency products and services
- Able to lead and oversee coding at all levels of the stack including engineering design, setting and ensuring high standards and best practices
- Build robust solutions that scale globally.
- Expressive in a collaborative way when new features need to be built fast, or older features need to be shut down
- Communicates thoughts in a clear and concise way
- 3+ years of Java or other object-oriented languages
- Experience using common Java frameworks (Spring, RxJava, Spring Reactor)
- Understanding of blockchain technologies, RPC Nodes, UTXOs vs Account Model, ERC20, etc
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design
- Communicates well in both written and verbal English
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of working with Cassandra, and Aurora Mysql
- Worked with reactive frameworks
- Experience working within an Agile framework
We are serious about what we do, but more importantly, we have a lot of fun doing it. Our work culture is modern, meaning we strive for work experiences based on transparency, productivity, trust, and passion. For all benefits include:
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work (If you are located in Japan we work on a Hybrid set-up with 3 days per week in the office)
- Wellness program (gym, etc.)