Bitcoin.comâs mission is to create more âeconomic freedomâ in the world. By economic freedom we mean the ability for individuals to freely acquire and use personal resources however they choose. We assert that economic freedom is a fundamental human right and a vital component of human dignity â and we believe that it is foundational for peaceful and prosperous societies.
Our vision is to provide the next billion people with access to products that exemplify the ideals of Bitcoin. These ideals - which include peer-to-peer transactions, decentralization, censorship resistance, and permissionless-ness - bolster economic freedom.
Our approach is to develop and promote widely accessible products that create economic freedom. Our multichain cryptocurrency wallet app - with over 40 million self-custody crypto wallets created - provides people with an easy-to-use and highly secure method for buying, selling, storing, sending, receiving, and trading cryptocurrencies.
Since 2015, Bitcoin.com has been a global leader in introducing newcomers to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. In December 2022 we took the next step with the launch of our own rewards and utility token VERSE and our own decentralized cryptocurrency exchange Verse DEX. By incentivizing and gamifying engagement in the Bitcoin.com ecosystem, Verse supercharges Bitcoin.comâs mission to onboard the world to crypto and accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive financial system.
We are seeking a talented Android Software Engineer who shares our vision.
As part of the wallet engineering team, you are going to design, build and iterate these new features for the Bitcoin.com Wallet App. The team needs an engineer with a pragmatic approach, willing to do the work necessary to create a great experience for our users. At the same time, you will participate in building several other star products related to the wallet (SDK and Apps).
- Intermediate ~3 years experience
- Knowledgeable in styling, reusable views/components
- Experience building complex applications for Android using Kotlin
- Experience developing for multiple versions of Android, 6+
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience with mobile databases such as Room
- Experience with reactive programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Working with an existing codebase, maintaining and refactoring code as needed to ensure code quality, readability, and maintainability.
Nice to have:
- Experience with the latest Android Jetpack components, Navigation, Compose etc.
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks, Hilt
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- Knowledge of UI frameworks, VIPER, MVC, MVVM application design and complex, reactive touch-based UI
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency fundamentals, private keys, signatures, transactions, UTXOs, etc.
- Experience with Mobile Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Passion for the Cryptocurrency industry or has worked in a similar field
- Has built a payment-based app or even better, a Crypto wallet
We are serious about what we do, but more importantly, we have a lot of fun doing it. Our work culture is modern, meaning we strive for work experiences based on transparency, productivity, trust, and passion. For all benefits include:
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Wellness program (gym, etc.)
- Home Office benefit