System Engineer Jobs in Web3
10 jobs found
$38k - $220k
$25k - $100k
$60k - $155k
|Learn job-ready web3 skills on your schedule with 1-on-1 support & get a job, or your money back.|| || |
by MetanaBootcamp Info
|Singapore, Singapore|| |
$150k - $200k
$105k - $120k
|Build on Venom blockchain and bring your Web3 ideas to life. Winners will share a $225,000 prize pool, VC pitch meetings, and more. Start building your project today!|| || |
by VenomHackathon Info
|London, United Kingdom|| |
$100k - $200k
|Paris, France|| |
$80k - $150k
|Paris, France|| |
$150k - $200k
$120k - $200k
|Paris, France|| |
$150k - $200k
ChainSafe is a blockchain research and development firm specializing in infrastructure and tooling for the decentralized web. Alongside its contributions to significant ecosystems such as Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin, and more, ChainSafe creates solutions for developers and teams across the web3 space utilizing our expertise in gaming, bridging, NFTs, and decentralized storage. As part of the mission to build innovative products for users and better tooling for developers, ChainSafe embodies an open-source and community-oriented ethos.
To learn more about ChainSafe, look at our GitHub and website.
Here’s what you need to know before reading on• Our progressive tech stack includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript • We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Forest, and Gossamer • We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors
At ChainSafe, you’ll be part of a team that believes in the community’s vital importance and contributes to advancing humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
About Gossamer/RuntimeAs a system engineer for ChainSafe Protocol, you will join a small team to develop and maintain a Go implementation of the Polkadot runtime, the heart of the Polkadot network. You will be tasked with regularly implementing new features, from a technical specification or a reference implementation; maintaining existing features; ensuring the implementation stays compatible with the current and historical specification of the protocol, and updating the code when upgrades are made to the network.
Who we needAs a system engineer, you have the desire to implement and deploy novel protocols that have never been implemented before in that language, you have a passion for open-source software and understanding that you will be maintaining code that will be widely used on a decentralized network, you are able to clearly communicate and document your thoughts, and you have the desire to contribute to the space. The position is full-time and remote-friendly.
Responsibilities• Read and understand a protocol specification and be able to break it into issues and turn it into Go code • Design and implement new features for the runtime • Refactor and improve existing features in the runtime • Ensure the client stays compatible with the other runtime implementations • Collaborate with and assist team members with their issues • Collaborate with other protocol implementation teams to share knowledge on the protocol, whether it be high-level protocol details or technical details that are common to every client • Communicate effectively with the team and document your code and the runtime as a whole
Required skills and experience• Proficiency in Go• 5+ years of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms • 7+ years of professional software back-end development experience • Knowledge of system design in Go • Effective usage of Go debugging tools • Be able to proactively dive into the novel territory and share knowledge on what you’ve learned • Basic understanding of cryptography and common applications • Ability to write clean and effective documentation and comments • Ability to work with different teams across different programming languages that integrate our software
Nice to have• Experience with other low-level runtimes such as EVM or LLVM • Experience with blockchain protocols, whether it be the usage of a blockchain API, knowledge of how a blockchain operates, or any other experience • Experience with distributed systems, peer-to-peer systems, network programming, or cryptography • Experience writing software from a technical specification or a reference implementation • Experience maintaining a large codebase with many components and keeping it well-designed, future-proofed, and modular • Experience with documenting a large codebase, both for internal and user-facing components • Familiarity with open-source software principles • Familiar with Git and GitHub/GitLab • Can construct and maintain CI/CD pipelines • Experience with RPC, WebSockets, or GraphQL
Tell us who you areIf you feel like you’re the perfect fit for the role, please apply even if you don’t match all the requirements.
Hiring Steps• Selected candidates will be invited to a screening call with one of our tech recruiters. • Next, candidates will be invited to a values interview with one of our technical project managers. • Then, candidates will be asked to either complete a technical task catered to the role or attend a live pairing excercise. • Lastly, candidates will be invited to an interview with the team lead.
Why Join ChainSafe Systems Protocol EngineeringFounded by developers for developers, ChainSafe is a company with an international team. We continue to provide opportunities for personal and professional growth, value autonomy and responsibility, have a results-driven environment, and offer flexible work hours.
We care deeply about our values and look for these attributes in every new team member. In addition, we recognize the benefits of cultivating a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture. We encourage women, the LGBTQIA+ community, people of colour, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space - or tech in general - to apply.
How to ApplyTo apply:
- complete the technical assessment in the programming language relevant for this job description.
- publish your code on a versioning platform of your choice.
- send an email containing the following• an indicator what role you apply for • a motivational letter • an up-to-date résumé (CV) • link to your technical assement’s solution
- wait two weeks before you follow up
• If you do not complete the steps above, we will disregard your application. • We do not work with recruiters or talent agencies.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjAwLjExMi4xNzIM
What does is a system engineer do?
A System Engineer is a professional who is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining complex systems in an organization
They use their expertise in engineering, computer science, and project management to ensure that systems are efficient, reliable, and secure
Here are some of the typical tasks and responsibilities of a System Engineer:
- Requirements analysis: System Engineers work with stakeholders to define system requirements and constraints. They identify user needs and develop functional and performance requirements for the system.
- System design: System Engineers design and develop system architecture, components, and interfaces. They create system models and diagrams, and collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to ensure that the system meets requirements and standards.
- System integration: System Engineers integrate different components and subsystems to create a complete system. They ensure that the system functions as intended and meets performance and quality standards.
- Testing and validation: System Engineers perform testing and validation activities to ensure that the system is reliable, secure, and meets requirements. They conduct various types of tests, including functional, performance, and security tests.
- Documentation: System Engineers create and maintain system documentation, including design documents, requirements specifications, and user manuals. They ensure that documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintenance and support: System Engineers provide ongoing maintenance and support for the system. They identify and resolve issues, perform updates and upgrades, and ensure that the system remains secure and reliable.
- Project management: System Engineers may also be responsible for managing projects related to system development and implementation. They coordinate with stakeholders, manage schedules and budgets, and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.